The Guild of Jewellery Designers

Started by mizgeorge, July 05, 2010, 08:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizgeorge

Today sees the launch of the Guild of Jewellery Designers – a new resource for jewellery designers of all styles and abilities, established by a group of UK designer artisans ranging from part time enthusiasts to full time professionals to offer support and networking to anyone who's ever been frustrated by the lack of a UK site to support and showcase our work.

This new site is not a forum. It's designed to be a single point of reference for jewellery designers of all styles and every level of ability. With articles covering techniques, products, designs and tutorials for beginners and experts alike, as well as book reviews, galleries and hints and tips.

The guild is a collaboration. One that we all hope you'll be part of. You can use the resources, or help to grow them – submit articles, add to the galleries, share your experiences and raise your own profile at the same time.

There will be other exciting developments in the future, but the initial membership is free to all. Simply register and join in. To make things even easier for you, you can even save having to type in the whole address – just use gojd.co.uk for quick access.

The Guild website – www.guildofjewellerydesigners.co.uk is now live – and we will be marking the occasion with the first competiton and offer. I am immensely proud to be part of this new site, and very much hope that you'll join us there.

george :)

Diane

This looks like it's going to be great George - and what a lovely header ;D.  I've joined and hope to learn and perhaps contribute in a small way :).  Thanks for letting us know.
Diane x

sarah t

good luck with it george and everyone involved ...it looks great ...added my name to the list .... ;)

jammie

This looks great, I have joined now too!  :)

Pandanimal

I have joined up too. And sent invitations to it to every one I know on facebook!

DragonflyLynne

Fabulous idea George. I've joined. Thank you for all your hard work involved in this  :)

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

Sulis (Hazel)

Just got lost on the website there for a while - blimey, it's very professional. I've signed up  ;D

Thank you so much George  xxx
Hazel x

Emerald

Nick

Hi George,

Nice one, Great site, count me in.

Regards
Nick

★★Terri★★

Lush!

Wow, that is so professional - and the name is brilliantly official and authoritative!  Well done George, I know you and the team have been working long and hard on this and it really shows.

I am proud to say I am now a registered member of the Guild of Jewellery Designers  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

julieHB

Looks great!!  :) Waiting impatiently for confirmation email.....
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Emerald

Quote from: julieHB on July 05, 2010, 09:48:42 PM
Looks great!!  :) Waiting impatiently for confirmation email.....

i think he may be twittering somewhere lol x

rocky

Joined and liked too. Impressive work. :)
Deanne x

ScarletLeonard

Looks great signed up instantly.

I will see if I can write something up too, not for the contest I've got me a full e-commerce and a code monkey but I must say that's a fantastic prize.

Scarlet xx