Selling finished goods Silver

Started by chipperpottery, June 29, 2010, 03:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnedlight

I am going for it too, but even though I have gone to the website and read the info over about 3 years now, I still find it really confusing. I will probably use it to make pieces which are solely silver, to which glass beads may be added, not silver and glass combined pieces to begin with.
kathryn

Nick

Hi,

To stop all confusion. If you string the silver beads and un-crimped crimps with the tag on a small length of beadalon or what ever you are going to use for stringing, then tie a knot at each end to stop them coming off and put a note and a rough diagram with it explaining you are going to add glass beads then the Assay will contact you if there is a problem to discuss this with you, if not they will test and hallmark the tag. After hallmarking I would not add any other metal so there is no confusion. The spare piece of beadalon could be used when you send the next batch.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Blue Box Studio

Thanks Nick, that is a real help.  I was having a real thickie morning!  Previously I used my mark only for solid sterling items so couldn't get my head around the component aspect.

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Nick

Hi,

Glad to be of help. It can be quite confusing, but bottom line put your makers mark on the tag and send the bits in. The Assay will either stamp it or they won't. If they don't at least you can get an explanation directly from them. I'm sure it will be fine.