Annealing bubble

Started by ★★Terri★★, June 06, 2010, 09:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

★★Terri★★

At the risk of appearing a complete numpty...................just what are annealing bubbles?

Are they used for annealing or for cooling like vermiculite?

Terri

poledra1958

They are for cooling but they cool the slower than vermiculite.  I always use them

Jenny 

HH on Bulk,

lampworklover

...and they're much better if you're asthmatic like me; no vermiculite dust!! If you don't have a kiln that you can garage your beads in, I recommend them; they do seem to keep the heat better than vermiculite, and I have had fewer breakages since I swapped to them.

SilverGems89

I have the annealing bubbles, and they are FAB! none of the dusk like vermiculite and they cool a lot slower (it takes nearly 4 hours for them to cool from when i turn my slow cooker off) i hardly ever get breakages either! so definately would recommend them over all the other products  ;D

Pandanimal

I have some too, and I keep them in an old brown glazed ceramic jar that I used to keep kitchen utensils in. Its just the right size and shape. And it means I don't need to have a crock pot switched on all the time or wait for it to heat up. Brilliant!

polly put the kettle on

Where can they be purchased from please??

SallyXx
sallyx

poledra1958

HH on Bulk,

★★Terri★★

Thank you  everyone....that's just what I thought.....only I read somewhere a suggestion that you anneal beads with them which didn't really make sense to me.

Terri