Hot Head

Started by arachnia, June 04, 2010, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arachnia

Hi wonder if you can help me

I cleaned my hot head yesterday while sorting out my work area only with a cloth and around the holes. I have come to light it today and it won't work, if I cover a hole up it will ignite no problem but as soon as I uncover the hole the flame is out again. Its a new tank  so not the gas I can smell it when I turn on torch without lighting it.

Any ideas please can't really afford to buy another one.

Vickie xx
Vickie
]

Billie

I've no idea  :(  Did you hold it upside down while cleaning so that any carbon build up would have fallen out rather than down into the torch?

Might be better emailing Martin to ask him if he has any advice if no-one has any ideas on the forum, just in case he doesn't spot the thread  :)  Hope it's sorted soon  :-*

arachnia

Billie I just went back downstairs swore at it like it was the ex hubby and it lit up straight away lol.
Vickie
]

SilverGems89

have you tried turning the regulator down? i think if the pressure is too high (like in a new bottle) and the gas comes out too fast cause the regulator is open too far it can blow itself out...i think...i've never had that problem with mine but it might be worth a try  ???

SilverGems89

Quote from: arachnia on June 04, 2010, 08:49:36 AM
I just went back downstairs swore at it like it was the ex hubby and it lit up straight away lol.

HAHAHA, i find swearing and hitting most things makes them work  ;D

Billie

Quote from: arachnia on June 04, 2010, 08:49:36 AM
Billie I just went back downstairs swore at it like it was the ex hubby and it lit up straight away lol.

;D ;D ;D

AnnaSpanna

I have noticed with my HH that if I don't hold my match right up against the metal lip then it won't light successfully even if I just turned it off minutes before. It just doesn't always seem to have the oomph for the gas to catch light if the match is anything other than right up to it - just a rather pathetic wishy washy blowy effort of a flame.

arachnia

Quote from: AnnaSpanna on June 04, 2010, 09:25:41 PM
I have noticed with my HH that if I don't hold my match right up against the metal lip then it won't light successfully even if I just turned it off minutes before. It just doesn't always seem to have the oomph for the gas to catch light if the match is anything other than right up to it - just a rather pathetic wishy washy blowy effort of a flame.

I had been noticed that too lately but I gave the HH a good clean and wipe through the holes etc.. upside down blowing and shaking and now its like I first had it noisy and fierce.
Vickie
]