THEME OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE: JUNE 2010 (WITH A PRIZE!) WINNER ADDED!!

Started by Kaz, June 01, 2010, 11:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The theme of the month is back and I am pleased to confirm that the theme of the month challenge will be jointly sponsored by Tuffnell Glass (thank you Martin!) and Frit Happens. Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnell Glass. The draw will take place at the end of the month so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

The theme this month is
JUNE BUG
So come on, get out your bees, butterflies, dragonflies, ladybirds, beetles and any other kinda bug you can think of!!!

Good luck!!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Kalorlo

I put these in the main S&T, but I made them for this.

Beads using them to come! I also have more bugs to research  ;D

Phoenix*

ha  :D your little alien is really sweet!

that beetle necklace is a bit grim though!!!!

A few little bugs from me, gonna try some different ones next session

Kim :)    &  www.phoenixbeads.co.uk

poledra1958

Like the ladybird and bees.

Heres Allien Bug number 2

Legs stayed on this time but are bit wonkey.

Jenny

HH on Bulk,

SueP

Kalorlo

Aww, cutiepies!

Here's my ladybird beads, I was waiting to gather them together. Some are murrini and some are made on the bead. The silver is P&T black.

This one here was part of an entry for a METAtropolis competition hosted by Elizabeth Bear. Long story, but it's a still from a movie that doesn't exist. The bead is the image for a New New York newspaper front page... Which is on my flickr if anyone wants to see.

I should mention, I love these monthly challenges! So many things I wouldn't do otherwise  ;D

garishglobes

Gorgeous ladybugs, all of them - and alien bugs!!
Here's a quick butterfly. Whenever I do them sculpturally, I think they look too bulky. I do like them as implosions, though.

Magpie

Purple Cobwebs

Loving all these makes! Not yet clever enough to do a bug, but here are my ladybird inspired beads!!!! Not up to the standards on the challenge, but thought I'd be brave and show them anyway!!!!!
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Betty the Chook

Love those ladybird inspired beads. I can't do a thing with red glass, so I am impressed!

I have done Amy Kinsch's "Taking Reduction Glass by Storm" tutorial (which has been great for Double Helix's bottom line) and have finally plucked up the courage to enter one of these challenges. So here goes .....

Their names are Bruce and Lorna and they are going to get married and have grubs!

I'm really a Fiona, not a Betty the Chook.
It's just that I rather like hens
.... more than a bit actually

http://www.rhinoglassbeads.com

Phoenix*

After the bees and ladybirds I did my sister asked me to make my neice a snail.... but it broke  :(

This is take 2....I call it Snortoise as it's a cross between a snail and a tortoise  :D

Kim :)    &  www.phoenixbeads.co.uk

sarah t

not sure where this guy fits in to the wedding plans ....maybe the uncle who has one to many ???

amareargentum

Great Bugs people  ;D

Just sneaking in with some Beeds!

Buzzy Beed

And Honeycomb with my Bee murrini

Pandanimal

Here they are, Scarab beetles, warts and all.
I did make them for this challenge but I cant seen to make as fine a line in the glass as I would of liked too.
And the shapes are not oval enough. And I think I would loose the mandibles next time. But they do have nice holes! lol. A saving grace!
Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong would be gratefully received.

Krysia@No98

I love the Bees with the white wings.

The second scarab has come on leaps from the first one. I think you just need to practice a bit more.

Here is my second attempt to make a bee... (yes you guessed it...) Vessel!

Apologies of the absolutely dreadful picture.  I am not going to be home tonight until gone ten and should really go straight to my bed so I'm afraid I am not going to have the opportunity to take a better picture.   I think for the next attempt the wings and head need to be much bigger. The little girl that I baby sit for pointed out that her name was Bea and that I should really make her some Bea Beads, So I am going to practice a lot more!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-