BEAD RELEASE

Started by tuttaltrovetro, May 15, 2010, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuttaltrovetro

Hi everyone,

I'm an Italian  beadmaker and I have difficulties finding good brands of bead release in europe. I use the Franz art glass separator or the Sludge but I can't find any european suppliers who sell them... and the price for shipping and custom if I order them from the States are tooooooo expensive
If some of you use those brands and know where to buy them please reply to this message!
.... or if you have any suggestion of other brands that work well for you...

thanks a lot!
happy beadmaking to everyone!   :D

Elena

Billie

Hi Elena,
welcome to the forum.   There are a few suppliers you can try www.tuffnellglass.com, www.thebeadshed.co.uk/shop.htm and www.glassworks.be

MangoBeads

princess pink

I highly rate fusion plus!

Billie

Quote from: MangoBeads on May 16, 2010, 09:01:19 AM
.... And we sell Fusion Plus www.mangobeads.co.uk

Manda  :o :o :o  Those new style beads  :o :o :o  I don't know whether to hate you or want to be you  ;D ;D ;D ;D (I think it's the latter  ;) :-*)

MangoBeads

Quote from: Billie on May 16, 2010, 09:41:53 AM
Quote from: MangoBeads on May 16, 2010, 09:01:19 AM
.... And we sell Fusion Plus www.mangobeads.co.uk

Manda  :o :o :o  Those new style beads  :o :o :o  I don't know whether to hate you or want to be you  ;D ;D ;D ;D (I think it's the latter  ;) :-*)

What are you like !!! thanks Billie xxxxxxx

tuttaltrovetro

thank you  to you all!

I'll check those websites you recommand.

How is the fusion plus bead release? is it tought anough for large and long focals?  does it last for few days on the mandrel before being used? I usually coat a lot of mandrels all together but than it takes me a  few days to use them all.....
If I have enough positive feedback I might try a bottle of it....

well,  thanks again!  :D
Elena

Billie

I use Fusion, and make a lot of large lentils, and pressed beads.  I dip my mandrels all at the same time, and some will sit for 2 weeks or so before being used  :)

tsarvo

Quote from: Billie on May 16, 2010, 04:01:16 PM
I use Fusion, and make a lot of large lentils, and pressed beads.  I dip my mandrels all at the same time, and some will sit for 2 weeks or so before being used  :)

i use it also and has stayed on for a very long time. ::)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, whisky in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

princess pink

i find fusion plus works well even up to a couple weeks after being dipped. it doesnt crack at all and the beads slide (and i mean sliiiiiiidddeee) off the mandrels when cool! I swapped from standard fusion to fusion plus and never looked back!

MangoBeads

Fusion plus is brilliant for big beads and boro too !

tuttaltrovetro

THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU!! YOU CONVINCED ME TO TRY THE FUSION PLUS..... SO ONCE I FINISH MY SLUDG JAR I'LL BUY SOME FUSION.

THANKS AGAIN  :)
ELENA

PS sorry for the delay in answering but I've been busy with my job!  :(

Billie

:(  All work and no play is not very good  :(  Hope you get some time to light your torch soon  ;D

Veebee

Teh only downside I have found with Fusion Plus is with some of the more complex presses that require multiple pressing, I find it cracks really easily and flakes onto the bead. So I always have a few mandrels dipped in Sludge for that reason. Otherwise, FP rocks!!
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

jammie

I just have fusion but that's what happens when I press my lentils, the bead release   seems to crack at either side even when I try to be careful with presing not to press too hard down. Was thinking of getting the fusion plus not sure if its worth it if it does the same as fusion on pressing  ???