COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE: MAY 2010 (WITH PRIZES) *winners up*

Started by Kaz, May 06, 2010, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The colour of the month is back and I am pleased to announce that the colour of the month challenge will be jointly sponsored by Off-Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens. Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off-Mandrel. There will also be a runner up prize this month of a pack of murrini from yours truly that includes the colour of the month. The draw will take place on 31st May so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

So, the colour of the month for May is Effetre 212 Lime Green - hopefully everyone should have some of that or if not, will be able to get some!!!

Good luck!
Kazx

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I'm afraid I made this 2 years ago so I guess it doesn't count but I don't think I've ever made so many lime green beads since!!!! I hope this is the right colour  :D :D

Krysia@No98

I made these last weekend and then spent a bit of the week making the chain.  Yet to learn how to use the camera to make them look any good  ::)

The vessel with the beads

the beads on the chain

Close up of the beads (the thin green wispy bits are the lime green - honest)

(I would love to show it all as one finished piece but cluts here dropped it tuesday morning so I am going to try and fix it over the weekend)  Sorry for the hoggy pictures but the beads are so small and I so naff at taking photos.

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Kalorlo

Green, I love green!

After reading the stringer control tutorials, I had a go at doing rings. It's trickier than I expected on a small bead! I also learned that dark yellow is not a good colour to choose in terms of contrast  :P
And that if you're using a green that gets a line round the middle anyway, you should either not put a central ring on, or make sure you cover it up entirely...

Here's lime green and white on clear.

And lime green and CiM olive on clear.

This one has a base of transparent sage green, then lines of lime green, opaque sage green, and one of the red browns I had as a stringer.

GoodMonkey

Effetre Lime 212
Lime Sublime Murrini by Kaz Baildon at www.kazkebab.etsy.com

GoodMonkey

Effetre Lime 212 etched
Pink a Dink Murrini by Kaz Baildon at www.kazkebab.etsy.com

ARBeads

Lime Green and Psyche. I love this colour combination

x
Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!

cbeadies

Lime green with  Beady Sam's Autumn leaves frit.

I made these last October, my first 'set' of beads. This is one of my favourite colours.

Jill

Sonja

May I join with my lime green frog bead?  :)
One of his eyes is bigger then the other  :-\

Made for a friend of mine:

Sonja

Kalorlo

SilverGems89

right i had a go yesterday and made this one, lime green lentil with white/rubino oro flowers/dots

expect i'll make some more today though!
oh this was also my first go at raised flowers, im thinking everything i make might have them on for a while now  ;D

poledra1958

HH on Bulk,

paintboxcrafts

Here is my attempt, using Cim Mojito over Effetre Lime green, in my new heart press from Marie Louisa.

www.paintboxcrafts.co.uk  www.paintboxcrafts.etsy.com

Phoenix*

Kim :)    &  www.phoenixbeads.co.uk