THEME OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE: MAY 2010 (WITH PRIZES) *winners up*

Started by Kaz, May 06, 2010, 06:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The theme of the month is back and I am pleased to announce that the theme of the month challenge will be jointly sponsored by Tuffnell Glass (thank you Martin!) and Frit Happens. Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnell Glass. There will also be a runner up prize this month of a pack of murrini from yours truly that reflects the theme. The draw will take place on 31st May so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

So, predictably, the theme to get us started is Spring and what could be nicer than this song from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which should hopefully get your creative juices flowing (and allow scope for every kind of bead, jewellery or other glassy objet you can imagine). And hopefully get you crooning too!!!

Spring, Spring, Spring

CALEB:
Oh, the barnyard is busy in a regular tizzy,
And the obvious reason is because of the season
Ma Nature's lyrical, with her yearly miracle
Spring, Spring, Spring.

BENJAMIN:
All the hen-folk are hatchin'
While their men-folk are scrathin'
To ensure the survival of each brand new arrival.
DORCAS:
Each nest is twitterin',
They're all baby-sitterin',
Spring, Spring, Spring.

FRANK:
It's a beehive of buddin' son and daughter life,
Every family has plans in view.
Even down in the brook the underwater life
Is forever blowin' bubbles too.

LIZA:
Every field wears a bonnet
With some spring daisies on it,
Even birds of a feather show their clothes off together.
EPHRAIM:
Sun's gettin' shinery, to spotlight the finery,
LIZA:
Spring, Spring, Spring.

GIDEON:
From his eyrie, the eagle with his eagle eye
Gazes down across his eagle beak
And a'fixin' his lady with the legal eye
Screams "suppose we fix the date this week!"

CALEB & RUTH with DANIEL & MARTHA:
Yes, siree, spring disposes
That it's all one supposes
It's a real bed of roses
Waggin' tails, rubbin' noses.

All BROTHERS (except Ephraim) & All BRIDES:
Each day is Mother's Day
The next is some other's day
When all is King ....

Have fun!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I only seem to have old beads that fit these challenges!!!

dinah46

helenfc

I had a wee go at encased florals...one of them cracked on me, gutted, but im going to slump them and make them into cabs for rings  ;D
left my bead remer at uni so they are still mucky.  :-\
love the poem btw, and the beads so far :)

sclar

Since taking the plunge and getting a Cricket and Oxycon I seem to have to be relearning everything again, so here goes!

Sarah
www.hargia.etsy.com

Yellow friend

Spring flowers courtesy of some lovely murrini by Kaz

www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Kalorlo

My spring theme beads:

Ground is red roof tile, sky is dark blue transparent with anise white clouds. Vine cane and yellow millefiori. The red roof tile in the lentil went rather yellower than in the rounds.

Ground is red brown and lime green, the rest is as before. I should have put clear over the millefiori because it devitrified. I think I might have to put this in my to-be-etched pile because of that. Also, it seems to have covered itself with dust for this picture!  ::)

amareargentum

What lovely beads. I'm a bit embarrassed putting my encased floral on here having seen Helen's gorgeous beads  :-[
Anyway here are 3 from me that seem pretty spring like - sorry about the photo quality.

fionaess

I know its a bracelet, but they are my beads and I did make it.. and it does so remind me of spring blossom :)

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

flowerjasper

cbeadies

Spring greens! I have been practising encasing.

Also some little flower beads  - trying out my new press.

Jill x

Ness

This is something new for me, not my usual kind of bead at all, it's not great but it's quite pretty IRL!

Love the bracelet, Fiona!

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

I made these for Easter, with Effetre Lime Green ...so I may put them on the Colour of the Month page as well!  Pris
Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

Clare Scott

Jennie Lamb