Dual Fuel set up, what do i need?

Started by helenfc, April 22, 2010, 11:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helenfc

hello! my bobcat and oxycon are in the post  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
but...what do i need to attach my bulk hh kit (the propane hose) to my new torch? I remember a chat about jubilee clips not being so great safety wise a while ago, so specifically what should i get? and i know hoses and stuff come with the oxycon so i guess attachments are included in this.

Dragonfire Glass

Vicki

wooooohooooo Helen *does happy dance*  (that wasn't much help was it  :D )

Redhotsal

The clips may come but you still need to get someone to fit them for you. Most of us don't have the tool required. I've seen a couple that have been bodged at home, and really - it's not worth bodging it. My advice is to take the torch and your hoses to your local tool hire shop, calor gas place or better still, welding supply shop and get them to crimp the clips for you. If you ask them nicely they may even pressure test the torch for you to make sure there are no leaks. It's a bit of a faff but well worth it.

julieHB

Ooooops, I thought I found the tool for the job, but I'm obviously a bodger.....   :D Checked very carefully for leaks, though!!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

helbels

I've done mine at home too, and checked for leaks and its fine.  I think my bodge was ok!

I used a big huge pair of nippers that are used to cut tiles to crimp the crimps- even then its really really hard to do, but I did it in the end. 

helenfc

thanks everyone, the guy who lives accross the road is a gasman, so i will pay him a visit! helen did the crimp you needed for the propane hose come with your torch?

Kaz

The gas man should have the right tool - its a lemon clip crimper (that may not be the proper name!!!). If he doesn't, he shouldn't do it as he would be risking his Gas Safe registration.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!