how do u use the optic moulds that Martin has in his shop?

Started by chocolateteapot, April 20, 2010, 08:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolateteapot

I keep seeing them but rteally havent a lot of idea what you are meant to do with them??
Does anyone or know where there is a tut? Or any piccies of what stuff looks like when u have done it etc..
Thanks
tracy x
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Katiequiggle

They're for making murini Tracey.  You melt a great big blob of glass on the end of a rod then let it drop into the mould and when you take it out it is in the shape of the mould, you then lay other colours of glass down the grooved pattern bits etc to make a stump of glass like blackpool rock which you can then pull into a cane before chopping it up into murini.  Hope that helps.

chocolateteapot

Oh i seeeeee....might have a go at that, maybe one day..sounds like fun/stress :D...kind of u love..
tracy xxxx
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Pandanimal

It is good fun. The small graphite one with 4 holes in is easier for beginners like me as you don't need such a big lump of hot glass to start off with.
I got one of the big ones first and found it much harder and put it away in a draw.

chocolateteapot