Suggested glass for a newbie 12 year old (and me I suppose!)

Started by Zeldazog, April 07, 2010, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

I have a box - and it already has some half rods and bits of frit in it. I will label it and ask Emma for a place to leave it over the 2 days so anyone can add bits to it!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Fired Silver

When I read the first post, I was hoping someone would suggest that Kaz!! Not being a lampworker, I haven't got anything so couldn't really suggest it!!!!

You lot are fab!!

Becci
xx

Krysia@No98

I have some spare 1.6 mandrels too that I am happy to pop in the box.

Let us know where it's going to be at the flame off
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

helenfc

ill pop in some stuff too, have some frit blends and commercial stringers :) (will put in clear stringers for ease of newbie encasing  ;D )

Black Heart Beads

Whats he going to do with the beads he makes? Would a bag of assorted jewellery making bits be any use? if so I have plenty I could add to the box.

mizgeorge

I'll be adding to Ashley's box too :) He's a fantastic boy and deserves it.

Zia

Not sure how I can add to this..everyone has been wonderful, but I do have some homemade newbie frits and shards and am prepared to make some in his favourite colours, if he wants it it will be in the post....doesnt look like I will make it to the Flame off this year!
:-(
Just pm me your addy and his fav colours of course!
xxx
Roni
Melting glass again! "happy dance"

sarah t

i am happy to add to the box ...i have a spare pair of diiddys if he needs them ...they are not very lovely but do the job !...and if they are not needed..... will add some glassy goodies  ;)

think you might need a bigger box kaz !

princess pink

ooo i'm happy to add to the box as well, will have dig through my glass. xx

SilverGems89

Hi Dawn, just sorted some stuff for Ashley, not sure what day your going but if your not at flame off on saturday i'd be happy to pick up the box at the end of the day and bring it back for you, and Ashley is very welcome to come round here and have a play with anything (i sorted him some straw yellow and iris gold frit which im happy to show him how to use to do faux boro)  ;D

Zeldazog

Cor I don' know where my evening has gone, I been trying to get back here for ages, and keep getting side tracked.

Okay, thank you so much Gemma, that would be fab as we're going on Friday (Ashley is walking to Ripley on Saturday !!!)  Ashley gave a lovely wide grin at your offer to come and play.

Sarah T, thank you for the offer of Diddys, but I did buy him a pair (second hand but like new!) at Xmas.

Sam, not sure what he/we will do with his beads yet! 

Everyone thank you for your lovely kind generosity, I hope we'll be able to repay this kindness somehow, when he's up and running and I have a bit more time... and the lovely comments about Ashley, thank you, you've warmed the cockles of my heart!  I really really was just looking for suggestions as to what we should start with, you lot are just blooming amazing.  ;D ;D ;D

Diane

Hi Dawn - only just read this - I have a box of shorts too - so it looks like you're going to have shorts, not so shorts and full length too ;D ;D.  And I'll dig out some frits.

Diane x

Lush!

Whoops, nearly missed this!

I'll add to the box too - remember to get him some plasters, Dawn  ;)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Krysia@No98

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Calico Cat

Perhaps I should add a tube of Aloe Vera gel . . .

Seriously, happy to add a few odd rods and a bit of frit - see what I can find lurking on my workbench.

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .