Flames coming out of the base of my hothead!

Started by Blue, April 05, 2010, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

Help!
I put on my hothead earlier, and noticed that it didn't sound quite right, and the flame looked a bit 'bushy' - anyway seconds later the torch had gone out but flames are coming out of the holes on the base of the head!  I switched it all of and started again, but it just did it again! any suggestions?

Billie

Other than getting in touch with the person you bought it from, no  :(  How many torching hours have you had on it?  After the torch has cooled, do you tip it face down and give it a clean to get rid of any carbon build up?  It sounds as though it's blocked somehow (possibly glass has shocked while you're melting it and has attached itself to the torch head).  If you have flames coming out of the bottom I don't think you should be using it, petal...

Katiequiggle

I've had 2 that did this,  get in touch with who ever you brought it from and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to swap it for you. I'm asumming you have checked you have it screwed on properly.  They don't like being over tightened.  Mine were on a bulk kit so didn't need to keep unscrewing it to attatch new mapp tins.

Kate x

Flyingcheesetoastie

Wow, I've worked on a HH for nearly 6 years and run 6 at a time for teaching and have never had this!  It does sound like some sort of blockage so I'd echo what's been said and turn it all off, let it cool down, unscrew it from the gas and have a look see down the end of it for any obstructions.

♥♥Tan♥♥

Blue

Panic over - thanks Guys - cleaning it out and tightening the top works a treat:)
Normal service has now been resumed:)