Oxycon konks out all the time

Started by ABCreations, April 13, 2007, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCreations

I hope, that someone will be able to help me, coz I'm at my wits end. I bought an oxycon in January and it worked fine till last week. I was torching for about one hour, pressure was fine when all of a sudden the red light came on and it konked out  :-\. Next day I tried again, I worked for about 4 hours - no problems at all. Day after, it konked out after about 2 hours. Following day the same again. Since it started it happens more often, more quickly. Is the oxycon on it's way out?  ???

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jo :)

Stacy

I am in no way an expert (had mine for less than one month) but apparently one of the things you can try is to hold it about 4 inces off the ground and drop it.

However, I would hang fire until someone with more experience answers, just incase thats the solution to a specific problem and not just an all rounder thing.

I'm pretty sure Martin from Tuffnels would be able to put you in the right direction also I'm guessing Quinton a.k.a glassworks would be a good guy to talk to as he sells them..

Good Luck
Stacy

Caroline

Mary

If it was Martin or Q you bought it from, you'll have a guarantee.

*Nicky*

Are you running it too high ? apparenly 4.5 is a good gauge ? pressure ? (what ever 4.5 is) but if you have it upto 5 it can start flashing different coloured lights ! 

glassworks

hi chap - try the drop thing - sometimes the compressor needs a good jolt...

i don't recognise your name - but i know martin has an excellent warranty too - if you need to have yours looked at and bought it somewhere else give me a pm and i can get it to my guys for a look?..

cheers

Q

ABCreations

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Hi Quinton,

ABCreations is the same as 'artfulbeadcreations' LOL I think, you might recognise the name now?  ;)
I'm running it on 4.5 and I've also done the 'drop' thing last night. I was going to have a long torching day but while the oxycon kept going for 4.5 hours in the beginning, it chucked me off after 1.5 half hours this morning. At this rate I might as well use my hot head again.  >:( I'm very grateful for your advice though. I'm still hoping, that the darn thing might sort itself out but the chances are slim. Is it possible that the trouble I got is caused by a lose connection inside the oxycon? My hubby is quite technical and might be able to figure it out.... if I let him?  :-\

Thanks again,
Jo ;)

glassworks

the oxycon is quite a simple beast internally - the cover unscrews at the bottom and then opens like a book.. although it is possible that there is a loose connection, it is more likely to be that the chemical packs or compressor need looking at.. judging by the nature of this i think the compressor is the root of this particular problem..

did you get one of ours - i only ask because we are in the uk this morning away from our server so i can't check our sales records?.. if so - we shouldn't even have this discussion and i will ship a replacement immediately, and get yours back to our supplier?..

they are very simple beasts at heart - if your hubby pops it open it is basically a compressor and then the two "lungs"...

ABCreations

Hi Quinton,

I really wish, I'd bought it from you but.....  :'(  It is under warranty so I will have to send it off to the supplier. I wish, they'd answer emails..... that's were the hassle starts. Unfortunately, I live Pembrokeshire and sometimes it seems to be the other side of the world, when it comes to supplies etc.
Oh, another question for you Q: Does the oxycon have to be upright on it's 'travels'? My daughter lives near the supplier but she's only got a small-ish car and I'm really afraid that it might get damaged on the way (The oxycon, not the car LOL). She will come to see me in 4 weeks time, she lives 350 miles from here, in Nottingham. Suppose, I should try to find a carrier for my asthmatic, little friend.... :-(

glassworks

oh nooooo chap, if you have no luck from them let me know and i will see what my supplier can do - we can maybe send you a swap out unit?..

the best way for our little friend to travel is upright, strapped into the back seat like the baby it is!!

pm me if you like, we'll see what we can do....

Q 8) ;D

ABCreations

Just received my glass order, Quinton. Fantastic!!!! Super service, thank you!!!

:-* :-* :-*

Dragonfire Glass

could just be a faulty filter Jo

flybynight

Have you tried vacuuming the filter yet?  It should have a regular clean up...

Redhotsal

Is the fan working - it won't operate unless it is ok?