Firedevil propane only torch

Started by Jill, March 10, 2010, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jill

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any info or feedback on the Firedevil propane torch, they are selling it at Creative Glass. The torch is more expensive than a Hot head, however when sold with the propane hose attachment it come out a lot cheaper?

Jill

Carl Martin

I've not heard any real adverse comments on these Jill however I've never used one personally.

garishglobes

There was a short discussion on Lampworketc some time ago:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44782

but it is really a bit inconclusive, and I don't know if anyone else has actually tried one...

Redhotsal

I have one and couldn't get it working properly. When it did work the whole torch got very very hot - so hot I was a bit worried that the heat was going to work back to the hose.

That said, I may not have been using it properly and to be honest - I don't have a lot more experience on it. However, if you were to ask me which propane-only torch I'd go for it would have to be the Hothead. There's safety in numbers, afterall.

Carl Martin

Quote from: Redhotsal on March 10, 2010, 09:03:04 PM
I have one and couldn't get it working properly. When it did work the whole torch got very very hot - so hot I was a bit worried that the heat was going to work back to the hose.

That said, I may not have been using it properly and to be honest - I don't have a lot more experience on it. However, if you were to ask me which propane-only torch I'd go for it would have to be the Hothead. There's safety in numbers, afterall.

Agree with you Sally on the safety aspect and since seeing this I've read they get a bit hot too.

♥♥Tan♥♥

That sounds more like a design fault than a user fault