Main Menu

96 c.o.e clear

Started by SilverGems89, January 22, 2010, 10:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverGems89

I've been looking for some 96 c.o.e clear rods to try frit painting with, but i cant find them anywhere!
Can someone point me in the right direction pleeeeease  ;D
Gemma
x

Trudi

See Jaq - A String Of Beads ...........

SilverGems89

I had a look on Jaq's website but didn't see any clear, i'll have another look though, i could be having a bit of a blind moment  :P

paintboxcrafts

Hi,

I got some from "A String of Beads" recently, but you're right it's not listed now. It says
on the welcome page that she's getting some next week. I'm holding out for some Silver Crystal.

Cathy
www.paintboxcrafts.co.uk  www.paintboxcrafts.etsy.com

astringofbeads

You're right, the 96 coe clear will be back ready to ship next week, Wednesday, fingers crossed! The silver crystal is on the way too, but it's coming a different route so maybe a week longer for that one, plus restocks on lots more are on the way

SilverGems89

Which one is better to use for frit painting Jaq, plain old clear or silver crystal?

Pat from Canvey

I use clear Spectrum Waterglass cut into 1/4 inch strips for beads but use the sheet for 96 COE fusing etc. Works great with Val Cox frits, all 90 COE. Just use the strips as if they were rods. I also use differently coloured Waterglass pieces for beads too and just anneal with 104 COE beads.

Modified for typo error 96 COE not 90.

astringofbeads

You just want the plain clear for frit painting, the silver crystal is more expensive per rod as it's a reactive glass, but saying that there's no reason why you couldn't use it and maybe get some effects going on ;) :D
I've also got some nice light transparent colours coming that would be good for frit painting too

Pat from Canvey

Typing error in my last post. I meant to say the Val Cox frits were 96 COE.

soulsilver

Iv'e been using Schott clear from Off-Mandrel, its lovely and super clear!