HH Torch not working!

Started by Mand, January 20, 2010, 01:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolateteapot

warming up the tank is the one i think..put it in a big bowl of warm water....I think it was Redhot Sal who tolod me that...of course i might be wrong cos i dont usually remember anything..ever...good luck lovely
Tracy x
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Dragonfire Glass

I think that was Mapp, not propane. Flippin big bowl of water!  :D

chocolateteapot

Now thinking about it was propane cos my pressure dropped when i first started and i remember putting it in a garden pot of  hot water...on a hot head...when the gas doesnt seem to last long. It gets really cold at the bottom when u have been working with it for a bit...especially when its parked outside, but...surely that would happen to everyone all the time if that were the case..got me thinking now...
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

princess pink

might be worth getting your cannister swapped. same thing happened to me and turned out to be a faulty gas tank. flogas replaced it immediately. x

Mand

Quote from: Failariel on January 20, 2010, 07:54:47 PM

I'll give it bath, throw in some bubbles and wahay!  :D

Dragonfire Glass

Quote from: Mand on January 20, 2010, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: Failariel on January 20, 2010, 07:54:47 PM

I'll give it bath, throw in some bubbles and wahay!  :D

Do they give extra brownie points for returning squeaky clean tanks?

Bluebottle

The propane tank is simply cold warming it up will make it work but if you put it in the cold again it will stop. Gas is produced in the tank at around freezing point so if your temperature gets near to zero then the gas stops.
HTH

Mike   ;D

Mand

Yay! It's working again!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  After lugging teh propane tank indoors and leaving it for a couple of days for the outside temp to rise, I am proudly sporting a singed thumb! And four peculiar beads are now baking in" Kill"  ;D

Am feeling pleased and not pleased, thumb now really "pinging" :-\

Krysia@No98

Glad it's working again - and get that thumb on something very cold  ;D  ::)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-