Adding stuff to the mix?

Started by madpup, January 18, 2010, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhotsal

Quote from: sparrow on January 19, 2010, 08:10:15 AM
But can somebody explain what these two ladies are doing right? Plain CiM Sapphire, etched, even labelled as lentils when they're not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Women-on-Fire-handmade-lampwork-beads-Sapphire-Blue_W0QQitemZ260533195254QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca8fd11f6#ht_676wt_1415

Yes, Sabine - I can tell you what they're doing - they're rubbing their hands with delight!

I've been a "lampwork on Ebay.com" watcher for years. I was initially hooked when Kim Neeley's beads started going for literally thousands of dollars. There's never been a logical explanation for a lot of it - but I seriously believe that there is a small and elite  group of very well heeled "collectors" in the American market. I think that they know each other and I think that the game isn't just to buy collectable lampwork but it is to out-do each other in the auctions. They definitely all latch onto a particular buyer for a while and then move on. I won't mention names as I would one day love them to fight over my beads too! ;)

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

fionaess

Well, my gob is well and truely smacked..................... obviously some people have more money than sense....

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

jammie

mine too! smacked gob  ???
I am baffled by the way beads sell on ebay too! I have seen collections orphans and one offs go from people on here, tree beads and really intricate beautiful beads, really deserving a bit of competition over them and understandable that they are wanted for a collection, but they dont even reach the price of thse sets which are  quite plain biggish spacers which you can get really easily from really good lampworkers for a fraction of that price.