Everything you wanted to know about CLEANING YOUR BEADS

Started by SilverGems89, January 13, 2010, 11:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Cobwebs

Will do!

I've just had a despatch notice.....excited now! ;D
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Krysia@No98

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

micpru

I use the battery operated bead reamer from Tuffnels in a bowl of water.....
Michaela x

Krysia@No98

I think that most of us do it that way in one variation or another  ;D
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Meagan Lily

Well, I hate cleaning beads too................so, I bought one of the cheap ultrasound cleaners from Cooksons I have put some beads through, twice, without the cleaner as Cooksons didn't have it in stock and it's not arriving for a week. Result............keep using the Dremel. The holes on some of the beads were clean around the start of the hole but closer investigation showed that they were still full of bead release inside. Now, how many replacement bead reamers could I have bought for the cost of the machine? Oh, I haven't tried it on jewellery yet though and I may give it another go when the cleaner arrives.

Purple Cobwebs

Hmmm. My cleaning solution turned up today, so I mixed it according to instructions and put my beads in the ultrasonic (I went for the posh one at £170 inc vat) for 10 mins at 40degrees. They are certainly not clean, but the bead release is very soft and easy to ream out.
However, in the name of research I've just put the cleaner back on for another 25 mins at 60 degrees.......
Will report back later.

First impressions are that its worth using to make the job easier, but probably not worth the £170 price tag!!!!! :-\
Gaynor
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Purple Cobwebs

Ok, 25 mins later, still no better. Hmmm, waste of £170 I think. Not in the best of moods tonight!!!!!
Gaynor
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk