How to connect a Hothead to a Creation Station.

Started by BeadyBugs, April 01, 2007, 07:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeadyBugs

Evening!

I've been asked if I'd got any photos of how to attach a Hothead torch to a Creation Station, so here you go.  Some of these methods work just as well without the CS, and would be fine ways to attach the HH straight on to a table.

1.  HotHead with MAPP cannister and various DIY bits and bobs. (G-clamp, large jubilee/hose clip, corner brace)

2.  Hothead with bulk propane set up.  (Same set up as above, just with a smaller jubilee clip around the torch)

3.  Hothead with MAPP canister using CS bracket, this would work on bulk too (not sure how secure this one is though?)

Have fun, and play safe kids! ;D

HP x
Helen P

Trudi

Hi Helen

I'm using a HH on bulk - but my torch is almost pointing straight up - yours looks more angled - is that right? I'm trying to see how you've clamped yours on!

T

BeadyBugs

Hi Trudi,

Using the bracket that comes with the CS, the torch does end up pointing really upwards.  I never actually used this method as I prefer the torch to be at more of a 45 degree angle to the table.  Also - the torch never felt that secure just being held in position by a couple of bits of rubber.  So I always used the small jubilee clip arrangement in the second set up, and you can bend the corner brace to whatever angle you like.

Hope that helps. ;)

HP x
Helen P

Caroline

Quote from: shine-on2 on April 02, 2007, 01:35:33 PM
Hi Helen

I'm using a HH on bulk - but my torch is almost pointing straight up - yours looks more angled - is that right? I'm trying to see how you've clamped yours on!

T

i used mine like that!! i now have my minor set up the same

amber0307

Sorry if I'm being a bit of a ditz, but could someone spell out for me exactly what I need to fit my torch to my bench.  Planning on investing in a creation station and using a hothead torch with Mapp canister.  Just need to know exactly what I need, and where to get it from!  A bit confused.

*rowanberry*

If you got a creation station, then nothing at all, its fully equiped to hold your hothead and can - you just set it up like bottom picture below, the bracket etc is on the creation station.

I hope that helps!
Claire

amber0307

Quote from: *rowanberry* on February 18, 2008, 10:03:42 PM
If you got a creation station, then nothing at all, its fully equiped to hold your hothead and can - you just set it up like bottom picture below, the bracket etc is on the creation station.

I hope that helps!

I've not bought a creation station yet (my poor wallet!) but ordered bench clamps along with my starter kit from Tuffnell.  Is there anything else I need (can I buy hose and clips etc from B & Q?)

Also is it better to screw torch directly onto my worksurface or as some of you have done use some board or metal to screw it onto?

amber0307

Quote from: Helen P on April 01, 2007, 07:07:01 PM
Evening!

I've been asked if I'd got any photos of how to attach a Hothead torch to a Creation Station, so here you go.  Some of these methods work just as well without the CS, and would be fine ways to attach the HH straight on to a table.

1.  HotHead with MAPP cannister and various DIY bits and bobs. (G-clamp, large jubilee/hose clip, corner brace)

2.  Hothead with bulk propane set up.  (Same set up as above, just with a smaller jubilee clip around the torch)

3.  Hothead with MAPP canister using CS bracket, this would work on bulk too (not sure how secure this one is though?)

Have fun, and play safe kids! ;D

HP x

I know that when attaching hothead to a creation station using the cs bracket it ends up pointing straight upwards, but in the first pic you have it attached to a strip of bent metal with holes in........does this have a specific name or is it just something you made yourself?  I'd like the same setup! :)