running 2 torchs?

Started by bubblefizz, November 05, 2009, 10:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblefizz

can anyone help as im thinking of running 2 torchs
im using a minnow at the moment but i would like to keep this and run another one (maybe a lynx from martin) not sure...
what exactly will i need to run 2 torchs?  ::)

Kaz

Another oxycon and a splitter for your propane.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

bubblefizz

is that it kaz?  a splitter and another oxycon  :o

Kaz

As far as I know - I asked Sean and that is what he said. I haven't set mine up yet but have bought the bits and bobs.
Maybe someone will correct me if I have got it wrong! ;D
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Josephine

Sounds right to me.

I actually had my two torches plumbed in with copper piping from the outside. There is an automatic switch over between the two tanks so when one runs out the the other switches in. That has the regulator and arrestor built in. There is a tap under each of my tables to isolate each torch, that is where I turn off the gas when I finish working. Then I turn off the torch once the gas left in the hosing between the tap and the torch runs out.

glassworks

AND you have the cool possibility of running a single torch with dual oxy's for some real punch when you need it!...  ;D