where can i buy a clock movement or what ever its called to put on glass hanging

Started by chocolateteapot, October 07, 2009, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolateteapot

I have been meaning to ask this for ages, i wanted to make a clock for myself out of a piece of glass art i have made...i might make one specially to match whatever clock hands i get..but where do i get them from? What is the contraption called for me to Google it?
Have only one sorry looking Ikea clock in the kitchen and i wanted to put one in my studio and one in my living room...for starters...then my daughter will want one...you see the emerging pattern.
Well thanks and i wait with baited breathe......
Tracy x
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

bluefairy

Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

chocolateteapot

no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Stacy

http://www.clockparts.co.uk/clock-movements.htm

I get mine from here as I think the bulk discount thing is great:

1 - £10 !!!!!!!  :o
5 - £12.50
10 - £15.00
Prices include VAT and Postage

Also you can mix and match your hands which you can see here: http://www.clockparts.co.uk/hands.htm

If your thinking of doing more than 1 I think its worth trying to navigate around their website (which isn't the easiest)

Saying that I've never been anywhere else for mine so I don't know how their prices compare to others.

Flyingcheesetoastie

I'd looked at this site before, are the movements strong enough to support glass on the wall or do you use an additional handing system?

Thanks,

Rachel x

Stacy

Quote from: Flyingcheesetoastie on October 08, 2009, 10:44:31 AM
I'd looked at this site before, are the movements strong enough to support glass on the wall or do you use an additional handing system?

Thanks,

Rachel x

I've got one that has been hanging in my living room for 3 years or so.
Its about 10" x 10" stained glass

Flyingcheesetoastie

That's good to know, I was swithering about screen-printing some clocks for the trade shows, but was concerned about the weight and 10" is about the max diameter I can fit in my current drill!  Unless I do some quirky off centre clock thing.....hmm nah!

Thanks,

Rachel x

Bluebottle

Hi our local £1 shop has clocks with a good quality removable movement for the cutomary amount of clinking stuff although what you do with the remains is up to you !!!

Mike   ;D

chocolateteapot

Thanks Stacy, i couldnt find any on Hobbycraft site so this is great.
thank you all.
Tracy xx

lorrainelee

Tempsford Stained Glass does them too - bit on the dear side though

Lorraine