Help!! Mapp gas won't shut off!!!

Started by Hules, September 30, 2009, 04:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hules

Eeek! When I shut off the HH and unscrewed it off (to make it safe!!), the gas bottle didn't stop hissing!!  I tried pressing the HH on a couple of times to see if it was just the valve being a bit sticky, but it didn't make any difference.  I screwed the HH back on and popped it in the back garden (just in case!?).  What do I do now?? 

Julia x

jobead

I've had this, do you still have the lid for the gas? I've always put that back on and found that if I give it a shake it produces enough pressure to shut it off.

Jo

Hules

Thanks for the reply Jo - though it hasn't worked  ???  We've left the HH attached (I hope it woun't damage it and put it in the garden.  We'll just use the can until it runs out (I don't think it will take long by everyone's comments about Mapp gas on here!)

Still made lovely beads with it (well I think so  ;)!

Julia

jobead

Perhaps it's a dodgy bottle, moving to bulk propane if you can will definitely save you money in the long run even with the extra spend on pipes and wot not.

Lovely beads is the main thing  :D

Jo

Hules

I think it probably was a bad'un.  It's run out now and I'm on my next bottle.  I ordered a bulk connector today though ;D so it won't matter after this one!  Thanks though Jo!

Julia