is satake glass available in the uk

Started by littlehondachop, September 25, 2009, 10:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlehondachop

does anyone know if this glass is available in this country?  :-\

sam xx

Bobbo

Hi

Don't think there's anywhere in the UK but Frit & Glas in the Netherlands sell it,here's a direct link:

http://www.fritenglas.eu/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17_52&zenid=6f822ad656c2766a5f8186ee85199890

I've ordered from them and have found delivery times to be just as quick as firms delivering from the UK!

Hope that helps,

Rob.

mazmeabead

How do you like working with it Rob?

I was looking and it has different colours ;D

Maz
Maz x

Steampunkglass

NOOOOO you are all so cruel!!! Don't lure me into a new glass to try!  :D

It does look a very interesting glass, alot higer COE than normal, plus they do a lead glass version, and it's VERY cool working. I was looking on the US distributors website and some of the tools alone are so lovely, there's a little murini press that puts 6 neat grooves into a rod at a press of a little button..

Better shut up now, I'm talking myself into this one!  :D

Kaz

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaa - *fingers in ears and not listening*. Though temptation is great as I have just bought the Tonbo-Dama book!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Bobbo

Quote from: mazmeabead on October 01, 2009, 09:36:03 PM

Maz

Hi,

Sorry, my post is a bit misleading.
I meant I'd shopped at F&G and that their delivery times were comparable with ordering from the UK, but I haven't actually bought any of the Satake glass,although I've got a horrible feeling I'm about to ;) even though I've just blown my budget on buying the new cim colours! ( dreaming of mojito and gun metal ;D )

Rob.

ETA do I win the longest sentence competition?

littlehondachop

Quote from: Bobbo on October 02, 2009, 06:15:30 PM
Quote from: mazmeabead on October 01, 2009, 09:36:03 PM

Maz

Hi,

Sorry, my post is a bit misleading.
I meant I'd shopped at F&G and that their delivery times were comparable with ordering from the UK, but I haven't actually bought any of the Satake glass,although I've got a horrible feeling I'm about to ;) even though I've just blown my budget on buying the new cim colours! ( dreaming of mojito and gun metal ;D )

Rob.

ETA do I win the longest sentence competition?
Erm i think you do
sam xx

Kaz

I just hope you drew breath whilst you were writing!!!
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Debs

I've just seen this thread.  I should have a delivery of satake within the next few days, not sure of the costs yet until I see how much customs are charging me  ::)