Sterling Silver

Started by Forester18, September 15, 2009, 05:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forester18

I posted about silver plate v sterling some weeks ago. Taken all your ladies advice and after getting permission from 'she who must be obeyed but more often feared' finally have decided to use only sterling silver. Cost me a b*****  fortune but friends in some of the big cities want to organize some jewellery parties so hopefully will recupe the outlay.
Frederick

turnedlight

I use all silver, I think it's worth it :) Only thing is, it is expensive so I never manage to buy as large amounts as I would like..
kathryn

garishglobes

I hope you'll feel you made the right decision - it definitely sounds like the right one to me.  :) Good luck with it!

Hazer

I'm sure it'll be worth it :) Out of interest, did you have to go through the whole hallmarking process? I'd like to work in st. silver someday, but that part puts me off.
ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

turquoise

Oh fab I hope you like what you have ordered look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Vic

www.morellobeads.co.uk

Forester18

As I understand it sterling silver is stamped 925 so you don't have to go through the hallmarking process?
Frederick

mizgeorge

As long as the total weight of silver in a single piece is under 7.78g you don't need to hallmark it.

The 925 stamp is completely meaningless. Anyone can stamp one onto anything (if they so choose).