Good Advice on Bead Release

Started by jobead, September 10, 2009, 07:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobead

Don't give the bottle a bl**dy good shake if you haven't put the lid on properly.

Complete nightmare, just sat and looked at it in disbelief, what a numpty and what a load of clearing up and discarded pot towels.

Completely b*lls up my torching session too.  :-[

BE WARNED DON'T DO IT  !!

Jo

June

Kaz

You are now on your way to being a Ninja bead maker - this is one of the stages you have to pass through!  ;D
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Katiequiggle

Been there and done that, even got the stain on the t shirt.

Hazer

...at least you won't stick to the mandrel?
ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Mand

Oh no! Poor you!  I totally sympathise with you.  I got all revved up for torching session in the "summer"  only to have the same thing happen.  I remember Sally Carver's wise words ringing in my head, "You haven't arrived in beadmaking until you've thrown a pot of bead release over yourself"  or something like that  ::) :P ;)   Betcha won't do it again though will you.  : :-X :-*

Donna@Rockin' Beads

You are definitely not alone!!!!
I managed to release a bottle all over my daughter - it even went in her mouth!!!
I am soooo careful now  ;D

bluefairy

Indeedy.......... you might want to ask Julie Lush about her "incident"  :D
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

Hamilton Taylor

...and I managed to douse a student in the middle of a class...
FWIW, generally, you only do it once....

:D :D

Sean

noora

And don't lift a can of borax flux by the lid unless the lid is screwed on... I didn't even realize what mess it had made until the flux dried and revealed white stains of borax all over the place. Worst of all, I did it in a silver smithing class with a dozen witnesses :-[

Related to that - don't use a brass brush to remove borax stains from a padded chair seat. It ruins the cover.

I learned a lot that day ;)

Pat from Canvey

If you want the release to mix thoroughly, not only make sure the cap is on tight but put a fugly bead into the bottle before shaking. It acts like those little ball bearings in expensive nail varnish bottles.

Lush!

Quote from: bluefairy on September 10, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
Indeedy.......... you might want to ask Julie Lush about her "incident"  :D

Oh nooooooooooo .... just when I thought I'd got over it  :o :o

:D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

LittleMoo

I'm intrigued now Julie, do tell...

Lush!

Quote from: LittleMoo on September 11, 2009, 09:00:08 AM
I'm intrigued now Julie, do tell...

Let's just say "been there and done that, even got the stain on the ceiling"  :D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

One Key Beads

Yep, been there, done that and still have the stuff all over the shed walls to prove it.  You know you've arrived now as a bead maker.

Jeanette