Slumping bottles in a SC2 programme

Started by clasicat, August 15, 2009, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clasicat

Hiya
Does anyone have a programme to hand to slump bottles in a SC2 (with a bead door)
Thanks  :-*
Claire x

Zeldazog

There was a thread here:

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1200.15

And look in Warm Tips too, I am sure Brad Walker will have done a bottle slumping schedule.

http://www.warmtips.com/Cat1.htm

Something I keep meaning to have a go at myself, actually.  Add it to the list....

fleurbrawl

I'm on a Fusion 7, but used to use the SC2.
I've tried some Sol/Tuborg bottles using variations on the following.
167/hr to 725, hold for 40
full to 516, hold for 60
56/hr to 371.

top temperature between 725 and 750 seemed to work well and 40-60 mins hold depending on the overall effect you are after.
Kays' OH :)

2B or not 2B, that is the pencil.

bluefairy

I've shoved bottles in on a normal full fuse programme if I've had the space (in a hotstart) and they've come out fine  ;D
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

Pat from Canvey

If you prop a part of the bottle up onto a bit of ceramic covered in kilnwash, you can get an interesting shape to the bottle if you want to experiment rather than have a flat platter.

glassworks

LOL... we've been using the locally available specialty (empty beer bottles!).. i use a very simple programme we nicked off the paragon website and the pearl18 to slump a few bottles at a time.. they are VERY popular as gifts, especially since we now also occasionally flatten "special memory" bottles for friends and family, for eg champagne bottles from weddings, port bottles from romantic hols etc etc...

we had some issues right at the start with de-vitrification on the bottles, but after a minor tweak to the highest temp hold we almost always get perfect results now..
;D

Krysia@No98

hummm must go have a peek at their website...

(forgot to say earlier - welcome back Q)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

MeadMoon

Has anyone tried slumping Marmite jars?  I assume that these would take longer because of the thicker glass.  I'd like to try slumping something, but standard wine bottles are too large for the SC2 and I don't have any beer/cider bottles or miniatures, whereas I am a Marmite freak.
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

Krysia@No98

what a fabulous idea!  You'll have to let us know how you get on

MeadMoon

Well, I now have a flattened Marmite jar.  Any ideas on what to do with it?

Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

Lakelady

I would definately use something like that to display bits and bobs at fairs, so cool!  ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Pat from Canvey

Use it as a utensil rest on the kitchen worktop perhaps to prevent food spillage on the worktop, a bit like spoon rests. Or candle stand, or now that it is flattened, balance it on a small bowl mould and slump for practice.

Krysia@No98

OH WOW, that needs some Marmite crisps or twiglets sitting on it.

I want one

Lakelady

Turner Rowe Glass Art

micpru

Michaela x