What do you all do with the last bit of bead release...

Started by Amber, June 06, 2009, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber

...you know, when you get towards the end of a pot with about an inch left and it's not enough for the length of beads you want to make?  ??? I've tried tipping the pot, but the release just coats the mandrel unevenly. So what do you do? Wait till you've got a couple of pots and mix it together? Buy a new pot and tip it in there?

I'm hoping this isn't a really dumb question!  :D

Lush!

I save up all my pots, scrape all the bits into a bowl, add some water and set my electric mixer onto it, works a treat  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Wishing Wells Glass

What Julie said :)  Except hubby does mine in the blender.

x

Kaz

Wait til I have two pots like that and then add a fair bit of water to one pot and give it a good shake (lid on!) to get quite a watery solution, then up-end that one onto the other one and let it trickle in. The shake the other one (lid on!) when it has filled up.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Zia

I put mine in a thinner test tube and use it as usual. I did this while waiting for a new pot, wasnt clever enough yet to buy in advance...

DH has started collecting the containers for cigars for me, some are glass and I am sure that will work too.
Melting glass again! "happy dance"

ejralph

I just mix up some more, cos I use Alice's and have a huge big vat of the dry powder.

Quite what I will do when I run out of that though is another question since I cannot remember where I bought it from anyway. Although it was UK.

I don't expect to run out for at least another decade though at this rate  ;)

Emma

Rosenquartz

When I got my Hot Head kit it was supplied with two camera film canisters of bead release which were an okay length for general sized beads. Perhaps you could water it down a little (too get all the dried up stuff off of the walls of the jar) and decant it into film canisters or similar.
Rosenquartz