Powering an extractor

Started by CeeGeeJewellery, May 28, 2009, 09:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CeeGeeJewellery

I'm on a mission to clear out my shed and make room for a beady space so I can get a bulk set up going, but am a bit confused about extractor fans. If I buy a basic kitchen hood, is it possible to just bung a plug on the end? I'm assuming they're normally wired into the kitchen wiring but am hoping to do all this without getting an electrician involved. I already have power in the shed so is there anything cheap and easy that I can just plug in?  ???

Helen G

I got mine from curry's and it comes with a plug on the end!

CeeGeeJewellery

Really? What sort is it? Maybe I'm imagining problems where there are none!

Helen G

Typical, it's not on Curry's sight anymore, it's like the one on this link http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?page=Product&source_id=aw&sku=850863&camp_id=Twenga&source_id=aw&camp_id=Twenga but I only paid £59. It was one of the more powerful but quiet ones I came across but I also went for cheap option.

Steampunkglass

Don't forget to have a look on ebay, I've seen a good few on there from left-overs from kitchen builds and refits, many seem to be buyer collects which makes them cheap as no-one wants the bother of collecting as they are too big to post; good if you happen to find one near you!

Pat from Canvey

Where does the Dixons cooker hood vent to. I "get" the grease filter but does it vent to the outside?

Helen G

I had to buy a ducting kit too as the one I got does not come with one. You can bend the ducting where ever you want, mine goes straight out the wall behind it.