Can you get prescription diddy's?

Started by sublimekate, May 20, 2009, 10:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerensky

Quote from: Calico Cat on May 21, 2009, 06:27:25 PM
Quote from: kerensky on May 21, 2009, 02:04:42 PM

If anyone would like my lenses let me know and I'll gladly give them away, they are even eyed +2's  on the reading glasses scale, I actually bought them a bit stronger than I needed and if they fitted my glasses they would have been perfect.

I have the pair of +1.75 and was going to order a pair of +2 so I could use 1 of each.

If no one else wants them, would you like to swap for some murrini/frit/rods or something?

Carole

That is really nice of you to offer me something for them, but if they don't stick I would feel BAD.  So why don't you pm me with your address and take them as a gift from me to you.  I will just be happy that someone finds them useful, they have been sitting in my shed haunting me since before xmas.....

Kerensky.

TiaraHelen

I had a brainwave this morning.  I have the didys that came with Martin's starter pack and very poor sight. I can't get the didy's on over my ordinary prescription glasses so have been doing without them (shock horror!).  BUT this morning, I remembered the plastic lensed glasses that I got free with this year's glass pair, popped out the lenses and pushed them into the back of the didy's.  Ta-dah!  It works!!!!  I had to file off a little of the prescription lens to get them to wedge in properly, but I'm really pleased, it means I can update them when my prescription changes and also can still remove the prescription lenses when my daughter wants to use the didy's...

Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

Ian Pearson

Sounds a great idea and am sure people will follow suit. Be interested in a photo.

Ian

sublimekate

Helen, you are a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

Off to dismantle spare specs  ;D

Margram

I've got some of those £10 reading glasses you get at the chemists - think I'll have a try with them. :)

Marg x
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

LittleHen

I have prescription diddys and love them!  go them from the states when the rates were good!