Rod Warmers? Doh!

Started by Lush!, May 14, 2009, 09:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

Do you all see what she does just over a minute in?  The clear rod is on the warmer, but its tip is in the flame and at 1.02 she nudges it a little more into the flame so the end is almost melted enough to completely encase the bead.  I don't think a kiln or hot plate is going to warm it enough to do what she does.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

sarah t

it should not be too difficult to make something ...its if it would get hot and finding a material which is heat resistant ...the first thing that came to mind was  thin corrugated iorn on some kind of ajustable slope .......those frit trays might work ?

Redhotsal

You can get the rod warmers in the UK but they're pricely - the main reason is because they have a very heavy base and are pretty solidly built. You wouldn't want a fully loaded rod warmer with loads of hot glass rods just toppling over.

Dragonfire Glass

I'd have to relearn how to make beads too - cos it would get in my way!  :D

Kaz

This is all starting to sound a bit too Heath Robinson for me - easier to have another arm grafted on I would imagine ;D
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Ilona

How about this?

I found this the other night, and might order one when I get back from my hols.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=390050105237

Pat from Canvey

If you want something to just warm up the glass rods, then an old George Foreman grill cleaned up works perfectly. I bought one in a boot sale for £2.50. The grooves are just the right size for rods.

Trudi

Quote from: Kaz on May 14, 2009, 06:41:23 PM
This is all starting to sound a bit too Heath Robinson for me - easier to have another arm grafted on I would imagine ;D
LOL  ;D

Lloki

Blimey, it's such a simple idea - it's brilliant!
Only problem was, I watched the YouTube video, then had to watch another one, then, I'll just watch that one, then, oh - that one looks interesting.
Next thing I know, a whole hour's gone by and no ironing has been done - SHAME! ;D
Right, off to find some jam and marmite pots!!!
Cerri

Lush!

Don't forget to look for another arm and a skin-grafting kit  ;)

Or you could just buy the one that Ilona found !!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com