Monthly Challenge : May '09

Started by Les, May 02, 2009, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Hiya ..... here is our new monthly challenge for May ..... I thought I'd be topical with this one.
Since it has been in the news so much over the last week or two, I thought I'd choose Mexico as our theme for this month ;D

Here are some images to get your juices going....

I'm thinking hot beaches...... music... dance.... traditions... and most of all COLOUR !!!!

And not a pig in sight ;)
;D

Have fun..... the winner will be  drawn on the last day of the month ..... mystery prize yet to be decided ;)

You can enter anything.... fusing.... focal bead... sets.... seed beads... poly clay.... so this isn't resticted to just lampies :)

Enjoy ;D

julieHB

I don't know if these are a bit too basic to enter, but when I saw Les' photos and the colours I thought of these, which have been laying about for a while until I got to take a pic today:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliehb/3497657443/" >WAKE UP - Sun's out!</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliehb/3497657663/" >WAKE UP- Sun's out!</a>
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

pixiewillow

www.pixiewillow.etsy.com
www.pixiewillowdesigns.com
A mans idea of multi tasking is breathing & blinking at the same time.

Les

Well here is my entry.... I know you've seen him before, but let me introduce you properly.... to Pedro, the Mexican swine flu bug ;D ... I pinged a dot off him though  :-\ *sigh* .. will just have to keep him instead.... I do have face masks though ;D

;D

Kaz

This is turning into a very funky thread.
Here's a big hole Mexican bumpy!

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

kaatje

I was looking through this thread and as I saw the picture with the bird in the first posting, I thought: hey I got a bead just like that!!!
I have to be honest though, it's a copy of a bead made by Manuela Wutschke but I thought it would fit in just fine in this challenge:

Love, Karin

nemeton

I made some beads too - hope it's OK to put them in here as they aren't exactly lampies, but they do fit your theme rather well  :)
Flores Mexicanas:

and a top view (they have the seed bead equivalent of nice puckers!)

They're about 25 mm across and each one has 440 seed beads individually stitched in place  :)
I'm off to see whether I can get some better piccies as they're much nicer and brighter colours IRL!
Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

Rosenquartz

I'm surprised no-one else has entered anything like this yet:

Rosenquartz

Veebee

Erm.....please don't shoot me....
He was supposed to be sleeping but his sombrero wouldn't behave!

Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Josephine

Here is my Mexican inspired set.

Gorgeous work here everyone. Love your bright set Julie, Lorna lovely beads as always, Les  ;D, brilliant Kaz, love the bird, Keiara I want to try some Dia de los Muertos beads, thats great, Lynn you must have so much patience, those are really pretty, fun chillis, rugs and the little man...do you remember that kids programme, was it Hatty Town with the sombrero as the main character?

Rachel B

Here`s my (crappy) attempt, I wanted this to be textured like a pinata

And then I made these, Mexican Wave

Loving the colours and the theme of this challenge, everything is fab on here

Black Heart Beads

I love this challenge and all the great beads.

This is the first necklace I have made myself and although it's rather large and bold I hope to find some occasion to wear it. Well when its got a clasp that is. The small felt beads were a pain to make so don't think I will be making another.

Calico Cat

I haven't been torching very long but I couldn't resist the colours  :)

Carole

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

TiaraHelen

This made me laugh so i hope it makes you laugh too.

I know it's got a thousand technical and design things wrong with it.  I couldn't finish it as smooth as I'd have liked as I torch in the kitchen and hubby was hanging over my shoulder going "when are you going to finish so I can have my tea?"  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  Just noticed he has no nose (I wonder how he smells) ...

Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

Dragonfire Glass

A couple from me:

Not entirely sure this next one is Mexican!