I can smell gas

Started by bluefairy, April 10, 2009, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefairy

Help, the last couple of days, every time I've lit my HH, there's a really strong smell of gas around the torch.  I've done the soapy water test and can't see any bubbles.  It's usually only for a couple of minutes, but yesterday the smell went then returned again. Is it normal for there to be a gassy smell to start with? I'm lighting it as soon as I've turned the knob, so it's not like there's unburnt gas escaping.  Very sad, want to be out there melting, but too scared!  :'(
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

Sulis (Hazel)

Hi honey,

It shouldn't smell too strongly of gas.....bring it with you tomorrow if you like and we'll check it together. Maybe it's just a slightly loose connection? I have a spare HH here, so we could try both and compare.

:-*
Hazel x

bluefairy

Thanks chick, i'm going to get himself to check it tonight, but if we can't sort it I'll bring it up tomorrow (can't wait, get the kettle on  ;D)
Helen xx

Katiequiggle

Mine leaks below the head and I can't use it anymore, I'm taking to flame off with me to ask Martin if he'll test it for me and hoping he may be able to sort it for me.

bluefairy

D'you know, I would describe it as being exactly that, it seems to be coming from right underneath, wah, I hope not, only been using it a couple of weeks  :'(
Helen xx