Gloooo

Started by Sarah999, March 28, 2009, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah999

Hi.

I have been fusing for ages, but cant remember what type of glue I should use to stick my bails on. I usually use epoxy, but I am not sure it is strong enough. I used one when I first did my fusing course, but cant remember the name of it.

Any clues?

Thank you

Sarah
xxx

dawn

Was it E6000?  I have used arildite (not sure if that is the correct spelling).  It was the one in the white and red tube and the bails have stuck with that - I think I got it from Focus or B & Q.

Dawn

Pam

I use araldire 20/20 or hextel

Sarah999

I think it may have been E6000. But am open to try anything so will give them ago. Thank you!
xxx

Pam

I have used the glue that warmglass sell, 3M apoxy 2 part and it dries opaque and goes brittle over time. Araldite 20/20 is expensive but it brilliant and will probaly last a life time quantity wise and strength wise (dries transparent too)

Warm Glass UK

Glue always seems to be one of those eternally debated topics....the link below hopefully will offer some good advice on using glue. The other thing we've found that is vital for a good result is to clean both surfaces thoroughly with acetone before gluing.

http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/Downloads/Public/Products/Tools/DP460%20Glue%20Advice.pdf

Pippa

Warm Glass UK

P.S. Shelf life on all glues is about 12 months max.

Pippa

sea-thistle

I've used araldite rapid, and also UHU two part epoxy resin, works fine. As Pippa says you must make sure that the surfaces are clean :)