Orange propane hose

Started by GlassOcean, February 04, 2009, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassOcean

This is probably a really daft question but is it a standard size?  Mine won't reach from my bottle outside up through my top window and to my torch without virtually passing in front of my flame! 

I am going to run down to my local welding shop to get some quick release connectors and an extra bit of hose but don't know if I can use old and new hose together or do I need to buy a whole new bit then chop it to use the quick releasers?  Are the quick releasers I can get from the welding shop the same as the ones from Martin?  I didn't realise I needed them in time to order from Martin today!

I am so desperate to get my torch working I am worried about making mistakes!

HELP  ???

glassworks

yep... completely standard....

Ian Pearson

I always find the BOC Industrial gases handbook a good source of reference for this kind of subject. It is A4 paperback and free from their website, which I cant find at moment but a google search should bring it up. The main point being use hoses specifically for propane and not any other gases. I have seen some use just plain rubber hoses which isn't recommended due to the possibility of propape leaking. You can mix different lengths and ages as long as checks are made regularly on hoses cracking which usually happens at tight bends. Currently I am using hoses at 19 years old with no probs. In fact I have changed regulators more times than hoses which is more of a pain!

Ian