bench mounted shield???

Started by bubblefizz, January 26, 2009, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblefizz

Ok ive just received the shield, but how do you place it in the right place??
it seems to be in the way  >:(
has anyone got any pics of there shield (in action)
the base is massive and no where to really place it on my bench either.
have a wasted my money??

please if you have any pics will you show me  ::)

kerensky

Don't know where the piccie is,  but I have seen one of these mounted behind of the torch ( torch / shield/ you ) if you get my drift, you apparently can take it off the base and drill a hole to feed the flexible arm through, you secure the arm under the bench with a pipe clip.  I will try and find the link and post it.

I would be very interested to see how you get on with this as I am contemplating buying one.

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I have the base off to the left with enough of a gap to still plonk my elbow down whilst twirling. I did think the base might get in the way but I just use it as an extension of my workbench (ie dump loads of stuff on it!!).

bubblefizz

donna could i see a pic please?

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I'll see what I can do  :)

Hope that helps  :)

I forgot to say that I love my shield now that I am used to it  ;D

kerensky

Good grief Donna - that's a big base, but can see how you could work around the shield as there is plenty of space.

bubblefizz

thanks for that donna, i still dont know, my bench isnt as wide as yours, also the arm bit seems to be in the way, gonna have to try it out different ways lol :-\

Donna@Rockin' Beads

The arm does get in the way a little bit but I have got used to it and manage to work around it. It has kind of changed the way I melt a rod too as the screen is in the way so I melt a bit more from the side than I would like to. I guess I could play with the positioning to sort that out though.

Good luck.  :)

Dragonfire Glass

can it be suspended from above?

mizgeorge

Quote from: Failariel on January 26, 2009, 10:10:55 PM
can it be suspended from above?

I know I've seen this done - I think it's Mary's that's set up that way. Very cool IMO.

Mary

Ta George! Yes it's mine that's upside down, but it's from Jim at BlueMoon, it's a screw or clamp mounted one, not on a base.

Donna@Rockin' Beads

It looks like the same screen but just hasn't been screwed into the base.

Great idea.

bubblefizz

Quote from: Donna on January 26, 2009, 09:48:03 PM
The arm does get in the way a little bit but I have got used to it and manage to work around it. It has kind of changed the way I melt a rod too as the screen is in the way so I melt a bit more from the side than I would like to. I guess I could play with the positioning to sort that out though.

Good luck.  :)

Was goona ask about how you melt, cuz it is in the way for me, you have to melt from the side a bit strange for me LOL gonna take some getting used to  ;D

bubblefizz

ohh mary love your workspace looks so clean and fresh and thats what i wanted to do with my shield
but ive no where above me only ceiling  ;)

this is how ive put my shield, but not sure if the arm is to near the heat  ::)

Lush!

Angie, can't you keep the base where it is but bend the arm round to the left instead of over the top?

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com