Shed floor?

Started by Sarah, January 02, 2009, 08:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Thanks for your help - I'm warming to the idea of leaving the wooden floor exposed.

The aesthetics don't worry me but the idea of fumes or flames at ground level isn't attractive.

Thanks again  :)

Sarah

Dragonfire Glass

I have ceramic floor tiles - matching the ones on the bench. Bought cheap from Wickes  :)

Mary

My conservatory has laminate, and it has survived unmarked even with hot beads landing on it (when my kiln is too full, lol!).

dinah46

I have rubber backed mats all over the garage ;D, it's the only perk of working for a company that makes industrial carpet :)
I just get a wiff of singed fibre occasionally, usually when working with vetro odds and definitely with anise white  :o 

turnedlight

The reason for putting flooring down was for insulation, mainly.
kathryn

mariag

DH just insulated the whole shed for me & put thick OSB board on the floor.
I've got some carpet offcut where my chair is & this has a few tiny melted bits where the glass has pinged!!!!

Pam

Sarah I tiled the floor of my shed (14 x 8) for £30 in ceramic tiles. Homebase's cheap tiles. Great for sweeping up frit/ bead release etc.

firedinglass

i have old cobblestones, it used to be a stable. My chair gets stuck and I can't move, if I drop a stinger or piece of glass rod it goes between them and i have to get on my hands and knees with a torch to find it, it's also freezing.... I would quite like a burnt lino tiled floor ;D

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

Sarah

Thanks everyone  :)

I have insulation and a "proper" floor on the shed. My thinking is now a fire proof non slip runner down the middle of the shed with some little mats for my oxycons to keep their feet warm.

Sarah
xxx

csamson

Here in the states we have a place called Lowes or Home Depot ... big hardware stores ... they have huge sells about 4 times a year where the 4 x 4 ceramic tiles are very cheap ... it's the way to go 8)  GL!