Main Menu

Vetrofond Wasabi?

Started by Lakelady, October 19, 2011, 10:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lakelady

Hi everyone,  I have been introduced to Vetrofond glass (thank you Helen, you lovely lady!) and adore the Wasabi.  Does anyone know if I can get some in the UK?

Yours hopefully, Jo  :)
Turner Rowe Glass Art

awrylemming

Isn't Wasabi discontinued?  I'm pretty sure it is I'm afraid.  My tiny stash of it also came from the lovely Helen, and I hoard it relentlessly.  :-\

Kalorlo

I think wasabi might have been a weird batch of yellow ochre?

helenfc

Hmmm, Off-mandrel had 'Mustard' which is similar to the original wasabi, but seem to have sold out :(
Mine was from the U.S. quite a while ago I'm afraid. I got some of the Off Mandrel stuff too, and it is very similar, so maybe thats the best bet if they get it back in stock! Sorry to tease you lovely ::) xx

Lakelady

I have found some from Heritage Glass in the US - if there isn't a very close alternative, then does anyone fancy going in with me to get a batch worth the postage?
Will check out the mustard one - the Wasabi is described as a yellow ochre but looks greeny to me....is it just me??
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Mand

What about using effetre Butternut Squash instead?  Just a thought...

Lakelady

Wasabi has much more of a green tinge to it than the butternut squash - although that is quite nice, it won't go with my mother of the bride dress!  But thanks anyway... :)
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Scottie

I love this colour too, it's fab - I did try 415 Pistachio Green which i bought from Off Mandrel which is a very similar colour to Wasabi.

I'm hoping that it's not discontinued though  :'( :'(

Karen
X

Lakelady

I will have to try Pistachio.  You can still get Wasabi in the US..I think? 
Turner Rowe Glass Art

awrylemming

There is something called yellow ochre special, which I think is a tone away from Wasabi, but close enough?  Flamekissed sell it, so does Frantz.

Lakelady

Is that a Vetrofond one?  I got some Effetre yellow ochre and its a wierd orangey colour - horrid on its own but quite nice with the right mixes.  I think a Frantz order is on the cards with some of the other things I want as well!
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Lakelady

 Just found this on Frantz website
791460 Vetrofond Yellow Ocher Special Glass Rods . (AKA Wasabi ) �COE 104, compatible with our other COE 104 glass. Size: Diameter 5-6mm, length one... $3.25
Sale: $1.63
Save: 50% off
......also, has anyone tried Precision104 Monet Silver Amethyst?
Turner Rowe Glass Art

flowerjasper

depends how much you need.. I will look tomorrow to see how much i have left, would only be one or two rods ( from about 3 years ago) if that would help, its not everyones fav colour so there may be a few rods out there gathering dust  :)
sandy

awrylemming

Quote from: Lakelady on October 29, 2011, 10:59:14 PM
Just found this on Frantz website
791460 Vetrofond Yellow Ocher Special Glass Rods . (AKA Wasabi ) �COE 104, compatible with our other COE 104 glass. Size: Diameter 5-6mm, length one... $3.25
Sale: $1.63
Save: 50% off
......also, has anyone tried Precision104 Monet Silver Amethyst?


I have - it's really lovely, and quite easy to get the colours.  It's stringers rather than rods though, you don't get much for your money.  I tend to order from flamekissed as the postage is cheaper, she does all she can to keep it down, so even though you're paying more for the glass, it's more than offset by shipping.