Main Menu

Gaffer Glass

Started by Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr), October 23, 2011, 03:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

awrylemming

Ooooh, yummy!  Since my jewellery business is called Slurple, that probably gives you a general idea of how much I love purple  :D

Chameleon

Denise, Im guessing the Chalcedony you have is an older batch then ? If so please may I buy some from you ? My recent batch isn't doing quite what I had hoped   ::)  :)

Shirley

mmmmm........chalcedony........must revisit :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Pat from Canvey

I'm fortunate that Denise gave me two bundles last April and I'm using it sparingly to conserve it.

Hotglass28


Pat, did you get any joy with the chalcedony colours?
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

I've been playing with some 96 thatSue sent me, and it's in the kiln now....not sure I've got much from the chalcedony, but I'll post pics tomorrow.  I must say I like the way the 96 handles....so far!
Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

Pat from Canvey

Quote from: Hotglass28 on October 26, 2011, 04:32:46 PM

Pat, did you get any joy with the chalcedony colours?
Yes and I love that it adds another dimension to my stock of COE 96 stained glass. Can you imagine how many black beads I could get from the sheet , (still 3ft x 2 ft after I've used some) of black fusible I still have together with lots of other coloured bits. As to why I have so much black, It was for putting black borders around my circular pot melts.

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

Hi folks...here's what I made yesterday with the 96 glass...I used some intense black stringer which I thought might web, but it just made the whole thing rather dark...in fact I threw just about every glass Sue sent me at them, plus some reichenback 94 stringers, so the effect is rather messy and didn't really give the chalcedony a chance to bloom! In fact it remained obstinately brown in some places, and I had trouble with the white devitrifying as I got it so hot.


Experiments with coe 96 by Princess Peggy1, on Flickr

Ah well, less is more, and I'll have another go some time soon.
Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

Hotglass28


Deff keep going with it.  I found it so fustrating at time but once in a blue moon it goes really pretty.  Those beads I made that I managed to get Chalcedony to work are like little gold wonders to me.  lol

Pat, I know you don't like Bullseye for sculptural work, but I have tons of flat glassBullseye. Looking forward to getting all my glass in one place next year. Instead of all over the place ::)

I like 96 gaffer too, plays nice  :)   



www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Pat from Canvey

Ah but I love the colours in those Pris. Each to his own Hey.

Lakelady

Wowee!  There is a whole new world of glass out there I haven't had a go at yet!  So much choice....so little time!
Turner Rowe Glass Art