Oxycon supplier - Tufnells or Off Mandrel???????

Started by Sarah9959, January 20, 2011, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah9959

Hi

Realise there is a thread about Oxycons but this is really to ask if anyone has got one from Off Mandrel before?

I have bought most of my stuff from Martin so far and was going to go to him for the Oxycon, but then found they have one on Off Mandrel at considerably less dosh (£234 inc. hose and clips, as opp to £520 from Martin - albeit with a torch).

Wondered if anyone has got one from them before and if they are reliable.

Many thanks         Sarah

Gordon

Dragonfire Glass

my oxycon iwas from Martin & hasn't had a days' illness in the 4 years I've been using it  ;D

Cecilia

I bought mine from off mandrel as they gave 5% web discount but it was delivered from tuffnells. It is 2 years old and still well.

x

Sarah9959

Ahh  - I didn't see this, must have stopped at the 'Ultimate Kit' stage.

THANK YOU

Ian R Pearson

I have used two Oxycons from Off Mandrel and I was surprised how good they are and reccomend Sean. I am sure, as the saying goes other suppliers are equally good but I havent tested them.

Ian

June

Quote from: Cecilia on January 20, 2011, 04:43:09 PM
I bought mine from off mandrel as they gave 5% web discount but it was delivered from tuffnells. It is 2 years old and still well.

x

Mine too  :)

Shirley

I've probably got this badly wrong, but aren't the oxycons all from Tuffnell's anyway, regardless of who you order from?
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

sarah t

i dont suppose it makes much difference  but i would check what support is available should there be a problem

SilverGems89

Quote from: Shirley on January 20, 2011, 05:16:50 PM
I've probably got this badly wrong, but aren't the oxycons all from Tuffnell's anyway, regardless of who you order from?

Yep i think your right Shirley, i do know that Martin is very good if you have any problems though

Rainbow1

I got mine from Tuffnells too, only had it since October but it's running great.

Tbh I don't think it matters which of the two suppliers you get it from as they are both really good, probably just down to personal choice in the end. Good luck.

Jo x
Jo x

Dragonfire Glass

That was my understanding too  ;D

Kaz

Quote from: Failariel on January 20, 2011, 05:29:11 PM

That was my understanding too  ;D
Yep
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

JKC

I have bought one from each, both are very good.

garishglobes

They do come from the same place. Mine came from Off Mandrel and the support from them was excellent  :)