Bead Press help

Started by ★★Terri★★, June 25, 2010, 08:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

★★Terri★★

I hope someone can answer this for me....

I got a bead press.....which has a black base that the brass 'press' bit sits in.  There are two sides (for different sized presses?) to it and some screws to hold the brass bit nice and still when in use (I hope!)

Is this a particular make, or a generic type of press?  If I get to grips with the whole press thing I would like to get some more shapes to use with it.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Terri

LittleHen

Sounds like a cattwalk press to me. Once you've got the base you can use any of their presses. The different sides are for different sizes. Hope this helps
Jessie

Kaz

There should also be a brass "slug" which you can use to make the larger side smaller to hold the smaller presses. Have a look on the Cattwalk website - you should be able to tell easily if it's their base station. If it is, then it opens up lots of possibilities (have a look at the presses they have) and these presses often come up for sale on here second hand (but without the base station) so they'd be good for you.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Diane

It does sound like a cattwalk press.  Here's a link to their tutorial page:
http://www.cattwalk.com/tutorials.htm

Diane x
whoops Kaz posted together - but just to add I do like my Cattwalk presses  ;D

★★Terri★★

Cattwalk it is!!

Thanks everyone.....I knew I could rely on you all.

Terri