How do you get silver balls on beads?

Started by Hels4444, June 02, 2009, 11:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hels4444

I am having a bit of trouble with getting the effect with silver balls on the outside of my beads and wondered if there was a good tutorial or some advise please??

I have bought silver wire half hard and tried adding it to the bead but its gets a yellow tinge??  am I using the wrong silver or is there a specail knack??  any advice please????

Lush!

I think you're using the wrong wire.

You need FINE silver wire, not sterling (sterling wire will go black in the flame).  I use .3mm - Lynne sells it here http://www.thedragonflycompany.com/wire.html


www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Hels4444

Oh thank you so much I am trying to do a bead for the book round robin thingy and  everything I have made is rubbish will get some.

You are a star

Helen

Wishing Wells Glass

Quote from: Lush! on June 02, 2009, 11:18:39 AM
I think you're using the wrong wire.

You need FINE silver wire, not sterling (sterling wire will go black in the flame).  I use .3mm - Lynne sells it here http://www.thedragonflycompany.com/wire.html

What she said ;)  I use the same kind as well.  I first tried Sterling too.. EEEK!

x

Helen G

Yep me too, as a silversmith I tried sterling with pants results! Got myself fine silver and it's a doddle  ;D

Hels4444

I just ordered some can't wait til it comes now will let you know how I get on.

Helen ;D

DragonflyLynne

Thank you Helen. It will catch tonight's post  ;D


for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

Wishing Wells Glass

Good luck hon!  Can't wait to see the results :)

x