grinders/laps/saws - any tips and tricks?

Started by handmadeheaven.biz, March 02, 2007, 08:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handmadeheaven.biz

any tips of using a grinder/lap/saw? i should be getting one on monday and having never used one in my life i'm scared! any tips and tricks from those of u in the know?!

littlegiggles

hey Steph could you put back the link of where you got yours just incase I decide to part with my pennies... ta chuck

handmadeheaven.biz

http://www.inland.co.uk/category.cfm?cid=65#p240

all-in-wonder = £304 delivered. i've got the other costs at home & will add them in later

Sarah

Hi Steph

Can't help with the all in one wonder but it looks fun!

I have an Inland grinder which is very easy to use - I'm sure you won't have any problems.

BeverleyH

Not really much to say about them Steph.  Just a case of getting stuck in and trying.  Can't really add anything very constructive I'm afraid.  I haven't used the saw so don't know anything about that 'though I'm getting one to fit my existing machine.

Let us know how you get on! :)

Oh, thought of something.  Hold on tight to that glass when grinding (projectile glass is not good for the face!) and wear eye protection.

handmadeheaven.biz

i'm guessing i need to set up some sort of splash guard?

BeverleyH

Not too sure about your machine (can't visualise what it looks like) but on my grinder the lap is covered by a guard so you don't really get too wet 'though if your water tank is running too fast, there's a lot more spray.  They say you only need it to drip once every 2 seconds (I think from memory) which is all I use and it's sufficient to keep the lap wet.

handmadeheaven.biz

righty ho. thanks beverley. i'm sure once i get it i'll give it a go on some scrap and if i dont get anywhere i'll be back on with questions!