Bead Cube?

Started by grandmabead, September 19, 2008, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julieHB

George, I am so glad you came online and answered, I almost could not refrain from answering. Brilliant play on words, love it. What do you mean, scandinavian useless language????  :o  ;D

When is your cricket coming? You are going to sooo love it!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

beadmonkey

How do people think the Bead Cube compares to the Paragon SC2?

Roy :)

Lee - Kilncare

Thanks for the comments on the website, we are presently reviewing the site with a look to erasing a few minor issues on there so all comments, positive or negative are always welcome.

The MAXI and the Bead Cube plug into a seperate controller, the KCR1. The KCR1 then plugs into a normal 13 amp socket. It can plug into an extension lead without too much trouble as the kilns are relatively low in their power consumption. Remember it is advisable to fully un-roll the lead first to keep it cool.

There are 2 reasons for not incorporating the control into the kiln, the first being that the KCR1 was designed to also be an add on controller, a "one fits all" if you like and using it this way makes it extremely easy to swap in the event of a problem. Secondly, we are no fan of Electronics and heat being mixed. That's not to say there is an issue with kilns that do incorporate the controls in this way, it's just a that we prefere to keep the electronics away from the heat. The KCR1 sits on the bench adjacent to the kiln or it can be mounted to the wall.

Now then, onto availability. The MAXIs are now being finished and we have Bead Cubes boxed and ready. Unfortunately, these kilns have taken off quicker than we anticipated and left us short on KCR1s.
The KCR1 is a brand new concept and a number of pre-production models were made to get the ball moving. We immediately got 250 of them on the go which we are waiting for now. So in answer to the question, the kilns are ready but the controls we wait for.

Obviously, the MAXI, MAXIne and Bead Cube are to be off the shelf kilns and when the controls come in they should be forever in stock. It's just, as I say, we have underestimated the initial demand, which I hold my hands up to. :(

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

clasicat

Quote from: Dee on September 21, 2008, 09:44:49 AM
Quote from: mizgeorge on September 19, 2008, 09:26:44 PM
Aw. A kiln named after me......

(mine's called villa killekulla)

Interesting name George, is there a meaning? Mine's called Klint  :)
Hey Denise you can now tell Martin there are 2 other people who name their Kilns lol  ;)
Claire x

ejralph

Quote from: Lee - Kilncare on September 22, 2008, 09:51:28 AM
Thanks for the comments on the website, we are presently reviewing the site with a look to erasing a few minor issues on there so all comments, positive or negative are always welcome.

The MAXI and the Bead Cube plug into a seperate controller, the KCR1. The KCR1 then plugs into a normal 13 amp socket. It can plug into an extension lead without too much trouble as the kilns are relatively low in their power consumption. Remember it is advisable to fully un-roll the lead first to keep it cool.

There are 2 reasons for not incorporating the control into the kiln, the first being that the KCR1 was designed to also be an add on controller, a "one fits all" if you like and using it this way makes it extremely easy to swap in the event of a problem. Secondly, we are no fan of Electronics and heat being mixed. That's not to say there is an issue with kilns that do incorporate the controls in this way, it's just a that we prefere to keep the electronics away from the heat. The KCR1 sits on the bench adjacent to the kiln or it can be mounted to the wall.

Now then, onto availability. The MAXIs are now being finished and we have Bead Cubes boxed and ready. Unfortunately, these kilns have taken off quicker than we anticipated and left us short on KCR1s.
The KCR1 is a brand new concept and a number of pre-production models were made to get the ball moving. We immediately got 250 of them on the go which we are waiting for now. So in answer to the question, the kilns are ready but the controls we wait for.

Obviously, the MAXI, MAXIne and Bead Cube are to be off the shelf kilns and when the controls come in they should be forever in stock. It's just, as I say, we have underestimated the initial demand, which I hold my hands up to. :(

Any ETA on the controllers. Enquiring minds want to know how long they have to save their pennies  8)

Emma