Bulk fuel fittings for HH

Started by Ancasta, April 21, 2008, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancasta

???

A supplier who was going to provide me with a HH bulk fuel cable rang me today to tell me she has run out and I can't afford Tuffnell's £100 version.

Are there any other sources out there you can recommend or know of a used set I could purchase? I've been told there's an issue with thread differences between America and the UK.

I basically need the bits that connect my HH to my Propane tank outside. Aaaaaaaaargh!!

glassworks

gunnar haag i think does a euro kit which solves all the thread issues?...

he speaks excellent english too so i'll send him a link to this thread...

;)

Ancasta

Quote from: glassworks on April 21, 2008, 05:56:57 PM
gunnar haag i think does a euro kit which solves all the thread issues?...

he speaks excellent english too so i'll send him a link to this thread...

;)

Thank you for suggesting the link to him :)

My German is not the best anymore but he is welcome to email me in his language of choice  ;D I can still read German (I'm currently reading a heavy German archaeological report).

Vielen Dank  ;D

Bluebottle

amber0307

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap kit to convert my hothead to using bulk?  Just can't afford £100 for Martin's one and am spending a small fortune and wrecking a lot of beads running out of Mapp gas constantly.  Once we move to Lincolnshire I'll get 2 days a week at the studio & really would like to be able to be at the torch longer :)

Ideally don't want to spend more than about £30-£40, as cheap as possible!

Billie

Second hand kits very rarely come up for sale, as if people move onto a dual fuel torch they can transfer the kit over.  I'd suggest keeping an eye on eBay.  Gunner Haag's shop on eBay may also be an option (you can translate his pages into English from Google). Hope you find something in your price range soon.

(Gunner's shop as been closed for a while so you may need to check back every few days.  Was supposed to re-open end of April but when I checked it yesterday there is only one item listed....)

glassworks

gunnar has been in Hamburg this weekend, please let me know by pm if you want to email him and i will send you details through.. he really is great for this stuff..

you can also take your torch to a proper plumbers merchant.. they often have obscure bits and bobs they can use to make up a connection for you...

amber0307

Quote from: glassworks on May 11, 2008, 07:50:48 AM
gunnar has been in Hamburg this weekend, please let me know by pm if you want to email him and i will send you details through.. he really is great for this stuff..

you can also take your torch to a proper plumbers merchant.. they often have obscure bits and bobs they can use to make up a connection for you...

I finally saved enough for my bulk kit from Martin! :)

Thanks!

Nikki

Hi

I got the hothead adaptor form Martin £17.50 and took it along to my Calor gas supplier he had the flashback arrestor and regulator (0-4bar) all the clips and hose (£27.70) so it was all quite cheap. The calor gas 13kg was £21 (about 100 hours) so it really pays to change. The only other think you need is the empty tank to take along or you will have to pay the £29.50 deposit.

Nikki

Ancasta

Although I'm currently on a beadmaking drought  :'( brought on by the need to write up my research (only 20,000 words LOL) I managed to get all the bits I needed locally. HH bulk adaptor was £8, hose was £6, jubilee clips were free and the other bits were given to me by the lovely Calorgas man who comes round in his van to replace my neighbour's giant Propane gas canister. Calorgas sell some of the bits too, but be prepared to trawl through their website to find the parts you need.

My advice - smile and be friendly to the local gas people, they really will help you (I think in my case it was due to shock brought on by the fact a woman knew what to ask for ;D) .
If you live in a remote spot the people at Tuffnells are lovely too and will help you the best they can.