Kiln At Night?????

Started by Im a glassy babe, September 17, 2008, 08:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im a glassy babe

Hi everyone,

Is it safe to leave my kiln on through the night.  I ahve it situated in a shed in the garden.

Thank you!!! ;D

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

glassworks

Zeldazog

I hope so - I often start mine off just mid to late evening (fusing cycle takes a fair few hours) so its hitting 800 centigrade in the middle of the night!

SueP

Yep me as well even with DH's expensive road bike in there ;D ;D

Vicki

Sarah

Kaz

Me too and mines in a wooden built shop attached to my landlady's house  :-\
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Dee

Me too, and mine's in the room below my bedroom ( I find the clicking quite relaxing  ;D)

Dragonfire Glass

Les

Kaz

Well probably not a yes to the question is it safe, but a yes to the question are you all risking it too????
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Carol

I do too..........
So it's a "YES"!!!!  :D
Carol

Zeldazog

First time I fired mine up, I hung around the house, in and out the kitchen all day, but I can't do that when the cycle takes anything from 7 - 12 hours.....

When I realised that it doesn't even get that warm apart from directly on top, and that the fuse would blow before anything nasty should happen to the electrics, and that there's nothing inside the kiln that can actually catch on fire, and made sure the area surrounding is clear - once I'd thought about all of that, I realised it's about as dangerous as leaving the oven on (and probably far safer than your gas boiler chugging away in the night)!

Im a glassy babe

Well, sounds good to me! Will give it a go.

Thanks everyone!