Lost in post - Claiming from Royal Mail

Started by ejralph, September 15, 2008, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadelineBunyan

I'm just updating this with a current link for the claim forms, having just trawled RMs site to find it cause they have updated and its moved

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/personal-customers/refunds-and-compensation/claims-process

the forms are at the bottom of the page

now I just have to figure out whether its been long enough yet...one place says 25 working days for international, another says 30 days

my customer is being lovely about it and I have already made a suitable replacement, but I dont see why RM shouldnt cough up!

squirsygirl

Thanks Madeline - I've just had another one go missing!

Funny - it's only when I post from my local PO.....

Kirsty

Studio Girl

Thank you Madeline I have just had one go missing and yes their website isn't the best
so this has helped no end
cheers Margaret xx

MadelineBunyan

I printed out the form specifically in order that I wouldn't need it...parcel turned up a few days later  ;D

Pandanimal

Thanks for this. I have just had an international signed for parcel to Germany go missing. The tracking number says it was delivered on the 20th. Do I have any hope?

Glassy Lou

Same here, but mine was delivered in France on the 23rd. The second one to the same person that's gone awol - luckily it's a friend or I'd be getting suspicious by now. The second time I sent it cost me nearly £8 to send tracked - I'm getting utterly fed up with it.

Blue Box Studio

Just in case anyone else needs it, the RM forms have moved again and it is now all done online.  I've had a good run of deliveries, and now another international parcel has gone awol :(  Previously I lost a lot if I just used PiP postage boxes so now I put the box in a A4/A5 jiffy envelope which reduced loss considerably.

The new form and process is http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/claims-process-for-international-items

It won't let you fill in the form until 25 working days after expected date of delivery, in my case that will be 25th April (I phoned them to check), can't see my customer waiting anywhere near that amount of time!  You will need all your evidence scanned and ready to attach (it says).  My parcel went to the US and they cannot understand why we have to pay £5 on top for tracked mail, they pay pennies apparently.  Doesn't help that it was a big order from the Facebook groups and I only charge flat postage, but not big enough, I thought, to warrant IT&S.  B*mmer!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

ajda

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on March 16, 2015, 09:12:59 AM
My parcel went to the US and they cannot understand why we have to pay £5 on top for tracked mail, they pay pennies apparently.

In my experience, US postage to UK is always higher than the other way around - maybe they pay pennies for domestic tracked, not international.

By the way when did you send it? We've had a couple of things take 2+ months recently - if your customer isn't prepared to wait, you might have to bite the bullet and refund but hope that they're honest enough to pay up again if/when it arrives...
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com