Alexandrite glass

Started by Redhotsal, July 10, 2008, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beadysam

No worries Sal, I'll chuck some in the post and we can sort something later! ;)

amber0307

Quote from: Helen P on July 11, 2008, 09:32:12 AM
Hi Sal,

I've just been through my rod collection to check the number as it's one of my favourite colours, and the best looking one that I've got is Effetre 081 Dark Lavender.  A lovely pinky purple that goes a very different blue grey under fluorescent light.  I thought it was 082, but I think that's the vetrofond version, pretty sure I've used that as well.  Q's got the vet one, as Anna said Martin's got the Effetre one.

Here's a set of beads made a while ago from Dark Lavender, and I've just zapped the second image in Photoshop to show you roughly what happens under fluorescent light.

And a more recent bead made with Bullseye Lavender - lurvely colour that also colour shifts.

Hope that helps.  :)

HP x

H where do you get your bullseye lavender from, and do you know what code it is?  :)

Thanks

x

BeadyBugs

Hi Paula,

Sorry - I've only just found this post.  I bought a mixed 'Studio Pack' from Warm Glass at the Flame Off, but I've just had a root around their site, and am pretty sure this is the one:

Neo Lavender Shift

I have to say, I've been very impressed with the colours and the way the rods handle.  And the clear is lovely, a bit like a stiffer Lauscha clear, no scumming and lovely clarity.

HP x 
Helen P

Sulis (Hazel)

I love Bullseye, but just have to make sure I remember to keep it completely separate from the 104. Rods are easy - stringers are trickier to remember. Well worth the hassle though, they do a fab sparkly green too, perfect for those christmas beadies.

Don't get me started on the whole lavender/blue shift....my kids still laugh about this...I spent about an hour once switching the lights on and off over this colour glass, fascinated by the colour shift - it's like magic, honest!! I oculdn't stop telling people. Energy saver bulb made it go blue, old style bulb made it lavender. Gawd, I think I'm going to have to go and do it again - I think maybe I have something wrong with my head!!!  xx

Hazel x

glassworks

say nothing!!!!!......

;D ;D

it really is a stunning colour though - every batch we've had is ever so slightly different.. griet keeps a kilo of every batch of every glass i have ever stocked.. the mythical "alladins cave" shows so many slight variations in every colour made!...