Reduction with Hot Head is it possible?

Started by Katerina, July 06, 2008, 11:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flowerjasper

blackmirrorspiral1 and blackmirrorspiral2
google either of those and it will bring up one of my fave beads! claires beads,
sandy
funny how i call my kids by the wrong name but can remember a bead sets name from a few months ago!?!

flowerjasper

Im a glassy babe

This thread has helped me a lot! ;D

Wasn''t sure what reduction was.  Tried to make a bead in a reduction flame, but I take it the bead is made first then turn torch to reduction flame and finish the process?  It takes a while to sink in with me! :)

Trudi

Quote from: flowerjasper on July 21, 2008, 11:27:36 PM

blackmirrorspiral1 and blackmirrorspiral2
google either of those and it will bring up one of my fave beads! claires beads,
sandy
funny how i call my kids by the wrong name but can remember a bead sets name from a few months ago!?!

I take it you mean these

http://flickr.com/photos/rowanberryglassart/sets/72157604011899365/

Trudi

Quote from: Im a glassy babe on July 21, 2008, 11:44:24 PM
This thread has helped me a lot! ;D

Wasn''t sure what reduction was.  Tried to make a bead in a reduction flame, but I take it the bead is made first then turn torch to reduction flame and finish the process?  It takes a while to sink in with me! :)

It's a bit like driving - there's so much to take in at first, but before you know it you're there!

Trudi

Quote from: Magpie on July 21, 2008, 11:09:13 PM
Sort of a new question, you say encase the reduced stuff and it looks brilliant. If you put a dot of clear over the top, can you reduce the bits outside of the dot more, add another dot, reduce again and get a series of circles with different layers of reduction, or would this look rubbish?

yes - anything that's outside the encased bit will carry on reacting - have a play and see.

Now there was a thred that mentioned about differenet effects you can get - must have a look for it!

Katerina

;D shine-on2 Thank you for the link I was looking for this info!!! Great help THANKS XXX

Mary

That's an old one, before all the striking colours. I maybe need to compile a list of striking vs reduction colours?

mizgeorge

Quote from: Mary on July 22, 2008, 01:43:39 PM
That's an old one, before all the striking colours. I maybe need to compile a list of striking vs reduction colours?

Yes please St Mary!

julieHB

It may be old, Mary, but it's soooo useful - I come back to it all the time to find out why it didn't work for me... I'm sure I'd find an updated one just as useful.  Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Trudi

Quote from: Mary on July 22, 2008, 01:43:39 PM

I don't think anyone would say no to an offer like that!!  ;D

Mary

Lol, looks like I'd better get busy! Glad that has been some help to people.