Lightweight gas bottles

Started by Dee, June 17, 2008, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

Quote from: Failariel on June 17, 2008, 11:48:13 PM
Propane is a shorter carbon chain than butane and so requires less oxygen to turn it completely to carbon dioxide and water.
Butane with the longer carbon chain will therefore burn 'dirtier' in comparison with the same amount of oxygen.
Both can be classified as LPG
Something is sounding familiar here-Just been helping my daughter with her revision. So school isn't a waste of time then  ;D ;D

Redhotsal

Are you saying this is a standard GCSE Chemistry phrase?!?
I was very impressed by all this talk of short chain carbons - don't tell me you've been cribbibg from the kiddies text books!!!  ;D ;)

Pam

:D ;D ;D
Just as I get intersted in the revision notes my daughter gets disinterested, strange that isn't it. Teenagers.

Dragonfire Glass

I did chemistry at university - I don't crib!

Redhotsal

Tell me - I've taught myself the whole of "Fiddle Time Joggers" book for violin during the vast tracts of offspring disinterest as soon as I get involved in Emily's musical career.

I can even play "Smoke on the Water" on it...... :D

Blimey - a real certified chemist.......I thought you sounded confident!

flowerjasper

Quote from: Lush! on June 17, 2008, 07:23:39 PM
When I bought my set up I got BP gas from Homebase cos I liked the idea of a light bottle .. then discovered the connector didn't fit, and they couldn't offer an alternative - so I had to go for Calor instead.  :(

i did the same !!

Redhotsal

So just to throw a spanner in the works - wot's "Patio Gas" then? I see it comes in pretty green and red bottles.......

Funky Cow

Quote from: Redhotsal on June 18, 2008, 10:33:55 PM
So just to throw a spanner in the works - wot's "Patio Gas" then? I see it comes in pretty green and red bottles.......

Behave!
Cathryn xxx     

My Etsy: http://funkycow.etsy.com

Lush!

Quote from: flowerjasper on June 18, 2008, 10:32:34 PM
Quote from: Lush! on June 17, 2008, 07:23:39 PM
When I bought my set up I got BP gas from Homebase cos I liked the idea of a light bottle .. then discovered the connector didn't fit, and they couldn't offer an alternative - so I had to go for Calor instead.  :(

i did the same !!

Tut, you could'a told me ...  :P

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com