Frit what do I do???

Started by lemon kitten, June 13, 2008, 02:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemon kitten

Ok I've now ordered some frit from our beady sam but what do I do with it?  I assume I heat up the bead and dip it in the stuff and then melt it in??  Tips please.

Janey X
Never stand up in a canoe!

Billie

I sprinkle frit into a teaspoon and hold that in my right hand.  I heat my bead, roll it in the frit, then melt it flush or raised depending on the effect I want, at the tip if the flame so as not to boil the glass.  Don't get your bead superhot otherwise you'll squish it out of shape while rolling it in the frit.

Also, you can warm a rod of glass (any colour) and dip that into the frit, melt and pull into stringer or wind onto a mandrel to create a bead., or use it to make implosion pendants off mandrel.

beadysam

Here's Val Cox's frit resource for those of you that are interested.  http://www.frit101.com/  The methods of using frit are as endless as your imagination - just play and have fun, there are no right or wrong methods or techniques. ;D

Les

Hi  Janey,

You might find the answers to your questions loads quicker by using our forum search tool instead of asking and waiting on other members to reply to your questions ;)

xx